Any reliable VPN reviews out there?

mlnevese

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
I've been considering adding a VPN to my security but all I can find are clearly sponsored reviews... Is there any reliable review of VPNs somewhere, comparing speed, security, etc.?

I've been considering adding a VPN to my security but all I can find are clearly sponsored reviews... Is there any reliable review of VPNs somewhere, comparing speed, security, etc.?
  • That One Privacy Site website
  • mirimir's website (mirimir can be found over at Wilders)
  • AVLab.pl (VPN for Android)
There are other sites on the web. You have to search for them.

Stenly

Level 1
Jul 11, 2017
For the best anonymity you should choose Mullvad VPN in my opinion.
Or i would say Windscribe (fairly new) is pretty good, and with a vouch code (i believe 50GBFREE) you can get 50GB for free per month lifetime.

mlnevese

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
For the best anonymity you should choose Mullvad VPN in my opinion.
Or i would say Windscribe (fairly new) is pretty good, and with a vouch code (i believe 50GBFREE) you can get 50GB for free per month lifetime.

Actually I got 60gb from Windscribe just yesterday as it was offered on the Giveaway of the day site. Someone pointed me at a US$49,99 offer for a lifetime subscription on Bleeping Computer.

My main use for a VPN is protecting my data traffic when accessing the Internet from public networks such as hotels and airports so the ability to choose the country I seem to be connecting from is not vital... I may just keep using this Windscribe offer as for my use it seems to be enough.

NikolayfromRussia

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Jul 3, 2014
Currently I use a PureVPN. I like it as very fast connection and surfing/download speed. It offers many countries to choose. But it has a limitation as 200 connection per a day. What does it mean? It means that you can connect not more 200 times per a day. Otherwise it will be blocked and you will have to contact their support to unlock it. I don't know about security policy they offer. Their headquarter is based in Hong Kong. If you think much about security you have to use VPN services & servers based outside of US ( not structured in any of the "14 Eyes" countries)

Ken1337

Level 1
Verified
Nov 13, 2015
for best anonymity and good perfomance i would suggest nordvpn it's really great and it's $11.95 monthly.

NikolayfromRussia

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Jul 3, 2014
@NikolayfromRussia Just checked Purevpn... it also has a lifetime offer for US$89,99 on Bleeping Computer...

It was cheaper last year and also got a 20 % Christmas discount coupon. So it cost me $56 or smth like this. By the way check if they give you 10 % discount coupon after registration on their site (they ask you for your email to send a coupon that can be applied to get a discount)

Last edited:
Reactions: mlnevese

LukeLovesSecurity

Level 4
Verified
Jul 28, 2017

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Currently I use a PureVPN. I like it as very fast connection and surfing/download speed. It offers many countries to choose. But it has a limitation as 200 connection per a day. What does it mean? It means that you can connect not more 200 times per a day. Otherwise it will be blocked and you will have to contact their support to unlock it. I don't know about security policy they offer. Their headquarter is based in Hong Kong. If you think much about security you have to use VPN services & servers based outside of US ( not structured in any of the "14 Eyes" countries)
Have you read its review here

PureVPN Review 2017 - NOT Recommended (Avoid!) | RestorePrivacy

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016

mlnevese

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
The VPN market right now seems to be an absolute mess.. At least the in the antivirus market we know who are the reliable vendors and brands...

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
Would never consider any lifetime VPN deals because in the end they will never last you a lifetime, it will always be cut short.

As suggested I think That One Privacy Guy's site is a very good place to start. Have a look at his detailed comparison chart and see which VPN you like the most. Although it may be very overwhelming because of the amount of data.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Hanmin147 said

Would never consider any lifetime VPN deals because in the end they will never last you a lifetime, it will always be cut short.

As suggested I think That One Privacy Guy's site is a very good place to start. Have a look at his detailed comparison chart and see which VPN you like the most. Although it may be very overwhelming because of the amount of data.
Regarding That One Privacy Site website if what's being said in the link below is true then just take the reviews there superficially will do

Note: Do keep in mind that there is a chance TheOnePrivacySite is suspicious, the webmaster requests donations at the end of every review.This person can clearly manipulate reviews to sell the ones that he gets commissions for. Never consider his suggestions,always consider going through multiple reviews & test VPN services before you buy them!

VPNArea Review: 4 Out of 5 Editors Rating

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.