Advice Request Any thoughts on Kaspersky Software Updater?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

yitworths

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
May 31, 2015
I just wonder how effective is Kaspersky Software Updater?

In most cases it's useless. I do update manually all of my softwares before kaspersky software updater notifies me about updates. Recently started using patchmypc & thinking about sumo(portable) or kerish doctor. If you are happy with kerish doctor then don't bother about Kaspersky Software Updater. Their databases of vulnerable softwares are great but their updater ain't that good.

Last edited:

Al-Faqir

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Jul 24, 2018
In most cases it's useless. I do update manually all of my softwares before kaspersky software updater notifies me about updates. Recently sterted using patchmypc & thinking about sumo(portable) or kerish doctor. If you are happy with keris doctor then don't bother about Kaspersky Software Updater. Their database of vulnerable softwares are great but their updater ain't that good.
That's exactly what I thought! Kerish is good enough and I do update my software manually. Thanks for pointing this out.

jetman

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 6, 2017
I find it useful for updating things like ccleaner, VLC player, 7-zip, Firefox and Opera. I'm not sure it does very much else on my own PC, but its a useful option to have due to its automation. It wouldn't be as good as a dedicated application though, so i will have a look at kerish Doctor and Filehippo out of curiousity.

Al-Faqir

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Jul 24, 2018
I still use FileHippo App Manager.
Never heard about it before. I'll google it and see.

in my case I think that kis fails a lot in the software updates since sometimes it says update error and in an occasion I extropeo firefox
Never had any issues with KIS software updater but I think its database is limited to a great extent.

I used it in the past for some time,it was good, but a little bit heavy and slow.Now i am using patch my pc, it's better for sure.
What do you mean by heavy and slow?

I find it useful for updating things like ccleaner, VLC player, 7-zip, Firefox and Opera. I'm not sure it does very much else on my own PC, but its a useful option to have due to its automation. It wouldn't be as good as a dedicated application though, so i will have a look at kerish Doctor and Filehippo out of curiousity.
I update my programs manually most of the time. But I find Kerish handy.

Black Wings

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Aug 20, 2018
Hi :)

I like it, but lately, I've discovered Patch my Pc and I find it more enjoyable to use. One option I really like about Patch my Pc is to select the programs you want to update and those you don't. I explain, I have WiseCare Pro, so if I update it, I lose my license, so I have it selected so I never update. ah! and it´s free ;)

Nestor

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Apr 21, 2018
Never heard about it before. I'll google it and see.

Never had any issues with KIS software updater but I think its database is limited to a great extent.

What do you mean by heavy and slow?

I update my programs manually most of the time. But I find Kerish handy.
In my system almost 20 seconds to execute and run,high cpu usage, some times froze.(2-3 times)

mike6688

Level 2
Verified
Sep 27, 2017
It's only really useful for big name software such as iTunes from my experience. Even then, it won't tell you there is an update until quite a few days after the release. As a free utility it's ok, but there are much better paid and also much better free.

AV-Freak

Level 1
Verified
Feb 14, 2018
I find Kaspersky Software updater too heavy as their antivirus. Patch my pc is very light and serves me well.

Reactions: Al-Faqir
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.