Any way to change forum style to " 2016 " , and make it stick ?

Myriad

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 22, 2016
Half an hour ago ( when I was first shocked by the new layout ) I was able to select an option called " MalwareTips 2016 " ( or something similar ) .
It worked then , but now it doesn't , and I can't find it again .
All I see is " Default style " and "Dark "

Does anyone know how to select the old style , and make it stick ?

Thanks for any tips :)

Last edited:

Myriad

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 22, 2016
MalwareTips 2.0 and 2.0 dark are the old style. Just checked, I can see them in preferences.

Many thanks for that !
It is just as you say , and I have just made the change back ..... and keeping my fingers crossed that it's "sticky" .

I did actually look in Preferences , immediately before posting .....

I guess that maybe Admin were still making some changes during the period that I was searching ?

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Can we go back to previous looking forum?
Answer:
Yes. Just choose MalwareTips 2.0 in Preferences.
Please note that we won't add any new features to the 2016 themes, and once we will move to Xenforo 2.0 we will most likely abandon completely these old themes.
We made this new theme look and feel similar to the old one, so if you use it for a few days, I'm sure you'll like it.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Answer:

Please note that we won't add any new features to the 2016 themes, and once we will move to Xenforo 2.0 we will most likely abandon completely these old themes.
We made this new theme look and feel similar to the old one, so if you use it for a few days, I'm sure you'll like it.
Already liking it.

Deletedmessiah

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 16, 2017
Answer:

Already liking it.
I like it too. Just few adjustments needed, already suggested by users here.

alakazam

Level 9
Verified
Mar 25, 2014
The new theme is not user-friendly at all. I can't seem to get used to it and I don't understand what sections to post in.

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Jack please return to 2016 theme (MalwareTips 6102) as default, my eyes are praying for..

MalwareTips 6102 - This was the 2016 theme for the MalwareTips Community

- then I have problem with the persistence of the style cookie after restart of many of my browsers ..

I copy/paste here the data of my cookie:

Name: xf_style_id
Content: ..... hmm is secure to paste this content?..
Domain: malwaretips.com
Path: /
Send for: Secure connections only
Accessible to script: Yes
Created: Saturday, November 11, 2017 at 3:51:04 PM
Expires: Sunday, November 11, 2018 at 3:51:04 PM

So this nice cookie expires after 1 day only, horrible, make it persistent if possible, please...

Last edited:
Reactions: Oxygen

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
... but if we have to stay as it is with the 2017 theme, it doesn't matter anyway, because we have the possibility to change the theme in 'Style Chooser' fortunately, then it's OK.!(y)

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
My Windows works much better, no more "swimming" of the fan speed!
I cleaned my fan from dust, with brush and vacuum cleaner working together.

With MalwareTips 6102 theme I have CPU load +/- 50%, and with the default style: +/- 0% - 12%... - with clean fan.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.