Advice Request anybody heard anything about Verizon IS?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Like a Western!

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 6, 2016
Hi.

i just was googling i don't know something like internet security for multi-device.. something like that..
i have already Dr.Web and its great, but just want to know more companies except those are popular..
so i found Verizon Internet Security , take a look at this link: https://www.verizon.com/support/consumer/internet-essentials/internet-security-suite

some information about their suite :

Verizon Internet Security Suite (VISS) is a set of software and services that helps protect your computer from hackers, viruses, spyware, and other threats. Verizon Internet Security Suite is automatically updated to keep the user protected from new threats online.

Verizon Internet Security Suite includes the following tools:

McAfee Active Protection: McAfee Active Protection technology provides immediate protection against malicious threats to your PC. A new threat can be analyzed and blocked in milliseconds, rather than waiting hours using traditional techniques.

Anti-Virus & Anti-Spyware: Anti-Virus helps protect your files and hardware from viruses, worms, and Trojan horses. Anti-Virus runs transparently and provides real-time protection against virus attacks. Our Anti-Virus engine includes Anti-Spyware protection as part of the core scanning technology. Spyware programs are put on your computer to secretly gather your personal information, which is then relayed to advertisers or other third parties.

Firewall: Firewall patrols incoming and outgoing connections and alerts you to unauthorized attempts to connect to your computer. It reduces the risk of external threats, such as hackers, from remotely accessing your computer without your knowledge. Firewall tools help you control how your Internet-enabled programs connect to and share files over the Internet. The firewall also provides wi-fi security, which helps ensure your wireless connection stays secure and keeps computers outside your home network from accessing your wireless connection.

Identity Protection: Identity Protection helps protect you from online fraud by alerting you when you attempt to access a potentially fraudulent website, such as phishing sites. Verizon SiteAdvisor Powered by McAfee displays a warning whenever you are accessing a known phishing website.

Family Protection - parental controls: Family Protection protects children of all ages from exposure to inappropriate content, social networking risks, strangers, and other threats. You can set filters for email, block your child from looking at inappropriate websites, monitor instant message conversations, block objectionable YouTube videos, block access to certain programs or applications, and create schedules to manage the time that your child spends surfing the Internet. In addition, you can configure instant alerts to let you know that your child has attempted to access a blocked website.

PC Optimization Tools: PC Optimization Tools improve and maintain your computer's performance by providing easy to use disk defragmenter and cleanup tools.

WebAdvisor: Verizon WebAdvisor Powered by McAfee adds safety ratings to sites and search engine results based on comprehensive spam, adware, and online scam safety tests. Simple indicators of green (safe), yellow (caution) and red (stop) alert users to potentially harmful websites.

Home Network: Provides a network map of your network and information on the protection status of your computers.

Spam Protection: Keeps offensive, annoying and harmful spam messages out of your inbox.

System Requirements: For complete and up-to-date information, visit Verizon Internet Security Suite System Requirements. Verizon Internet Security Suite supports 32-bit and 64-bit systems.

For ordering and troubleshooting information, visit VISS General Support

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Sounds very interesting Pr, cool share.
I am strictly a Sig-free config, but this looks worth
following as it develops, keep us updated brother.
This is the first I have heard of it, other than some
whispers maybe 6'ish months ago.
Had no idea it was this far along.
Thanks.

jtshadow92

Level 2
Verified
Jul 17, 2015
They overcharge for McAfee LiveSafe, thats basically what it is. I tell people if they really like McAfee, you can get it cheaper somewhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.