Battle Anybody Use VPN?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
May 26, 2014
VPNs are programs which do a variety of things, most commonly making content private by encrypting it and hiding your IP, although I've seen some where they AdBlock and much more. They might also unblock restricted content.
Never use a VPN without trusting it- it can potentially see all your history.
I only use ZenMate extension on Chrome + Firefox.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
I use ZENMATE too, yet if I could have voted for more I'd have marked "Something Else";) as I've also used DoNotTrackMe (renamed Blur) an Add-on for Firefox. I've fascinated with more than a passing curiosity over the added anonymity:cool: while revelling in the great number of choices (like browsers) among VPNs. I humbly question the advantages VPNs hold o_Oover the trusty, free, & littler extensions.:)

Janl92l

Level 7
Verified
Nov 7, 2014
This VPN is safe to use ?? Is it fast and stable ? Can we use P2P or playing online game ?
it is not allowed to play the most games on a vpn for some security and identifications reason.i got banned 2 times on 2 games for using vpn. i write tickets and they have explaint why it os not allowed. they cant follow account sharing and other things than.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Kate_L

in memoriam
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2014
I don't trust any VPN, they have huge privacy issue. There is something called "shared fraud database between VPN providers". I don't wanna say more, here it is not the place (I wanna let people be in this lies like the one with AV companies and so on).

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
I use Zenmate for when I want to proxy out from one browser but remain on my current connection for another to stream youtube videos. If I need it to protect me while I'm using an application I use accounts from BlueVPN, not entirely sure they are very secure and reliable but they do provide the basics of 1 VPN to US and another to Netherlands for torrenting. Also I used to use PureVPN and I highly recommend it from the 1 month of usage while I was in China for my school trip. It gave me no problems at all and also it had generally very fast speeds that could stream videos.

michellesamuel95

Dec 3, 2014
ZenMate is great because it's free but it compromise your Internet speed to great extent. Let's say if you have a net speed of 4MB you will might end up in 500Kbps or so. Plus i am not sure if it also fits for your online security tool. If would be at your place, i might go with highly optimized streaming VPN. Belive me i am a user of HMA VPN and i am loving it for streaming videos and listening music online.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.