Anyone else have the Edge broken extension bug in 1809?

oldschool

Level 81
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
Some extensions won't work properly; others completely broken.
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
Reverted to Easy mode in Nano Adblocker.
I didn't find a Windows Update bug thread, so I thought I'd ask: Is anyone else afflicted with the Edge broken extension bug after updating to 1809? Nano Adblocker will only work in default Easy mode, but not Advanced User mode. I installed uBO, and it is completely non-functional. Not a huge deal, but nonetheless... Oh well.

Tiny

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Dec 29, 2016
Yeah, I also have that issue with nano. We'll have to wait till jspenguin2017 fixes it. I'd add it as an issue, but I'm really enjoying Brave at the moment :giggle: . Plus in Edge's case, I'm just waiting for them to start using Blink. When they switch over all these extension hassles should end... hopefully.

Here's hoping they let UMatrix work as it's supposed to.:emoji_grimacing:

Upvote 0

oldschool

Level 81
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Yeah, I also have that issue with nano. We'll have to wait till jspenguin2017 fixes it. I'd add it as an issue, but I'm really enjoying Brave at the moment :giggle: . Plus in Edge's case, I'm just waiting for them to start using Blink. When they switch over all these extension hassles should end... hopefully.

Here's hoping they let UMatrix work as it's supposed to.:emoji_grimacing:

+1. Actually, it is kind of a waste to use Medium Mode in Nano anyway, when Edge has SmartScreen. Yes, waiting for new Edge, and I also use Brave Beta. So, maybe it's not MS. I don't seem to have any other issues with 1809 though.

Upvote 0

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
Can confirm there's an issue with Nano in Edge.

Interestingly the issue appears to be cosmetic in nature. If you try dynamic filtering, any attempts to block(red) or allow(green) a cell will result in that cell remaining blank. However if you look into Nano's my rules you can see that indeed a rule is made.

This is a very annoying bug. Users who want to use dynamic filtering might have to constantly check on their rules to see which one is active. Of course the more you made the harder it might be to keep track of all of them.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.