Anyone Had Issues with IDM and sandboxie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pneuma1985

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Aug 30, 2015
Just wondering if anyone has had issues with IDM and sandboxie I've been testing IDM and If I run cyberfox sandboxed IDM doesn't load but it loads fine with regular firefox sandboxed? Not sure whats causing the issue I set IDM up so it isn't sandboxed just to test and see if that would work but same thing it uses the regular built in downloder interface. The only way I've been able to get it to work is if I try to download a youtube video or something then it works strangely enough.

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
Just wondering if anyone has had issues with IDM and sandboxie I've been testing IDM and If I run cyberfox sandboxed IDM doesn't load but it loads fine with regular firefox sandboxed? Not sure whats causing the issue I set IDM up so it isn't sandboxed just to test and see if that would work but same thing it uses the regular built in downloder interface. The only way I've been able to get it to work is if I try to download a youtube video or something then it works strangely enough.
Has the plugin been installed in cyberfox?Maybe that is the issue?I had a similar problem a while back with Chrome!
I cannot integrate IDM into FireFox. What should I do?

pneuma1985

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Aug 30, 2015
Yeah I did that frog: added the extension etc turned it on and still it's not catching the downloads for some strange reason? Did everything suggested on the IDM website etc I can't explain it... IDM Suggests I uninstall IDM then uninstall cyberfox reinstall cyberfox then reinstall IDM... Not sure why that would fix anything but I guess I can give that a try?

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2
D

Deleted member 2913

Yeah I did that frog: added the extension etc turned it on and still it's not catching the downloads for some strange reason? Did everything suggested on the IDM website etc I can't explain it... IDM Suggests I uninstall IDM then uninstall cyberfox reinstall cyberfox then reinstall IDM... Not sure why that would fix anything but I guess I can give that a try?
Today I installed portable Cyberfox 32 Bits Intel.
I dragged & dropped idmmzcc2.xpi into Cyberfox addons page.
File/Video downloads, etc... working fine here.

Win 10 64

pneuma1985

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Aug 30, 2015
Are you using sandboxie though in tandem with cyberfox? I'm sure it'll work just fine if I don't sandbox the browser but that sort of defeats the point of the sandbox. And I'm always sure about a download before I click the link so a download manager doesn't really scare me as far as it getting through the sandbox but I originally had IDM sandboxed also and I'd recover it's downloaded files after they were through downloading. Since I couldn't get it to work I took it out of the sandbox and it still didn't work. So that's my issue right now is getting sandboxie to work with IDM and cyberfox and have no issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.