Anyone heard of Thirtyseven4 Antivirus 2013 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

arsenaloyal

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Aug 6, 2012
Ok so a couple of days ago i was browsing the secirity section of PC Mag and I came across Thirtyseven4 Antivirus 2013, at first I thought it was a fake AV (with a name like that ? LOL)
,but turns out it is a legit company ?

http://www.thirtyseven4.com/antivirus.html

More info here

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2413384,00.asp

looks a clone of quickheal antivirus pro.

Quickheal Screenshots

and

Thirtyseven4 Antivirus 2013 Screenshots

P

Plexx

Last I heard/read about this was back in 2011. Thought it disappeared from the face of the earth until now. It is a rebranded version of QuickHeal.

If I recall correctly 374 is based in Texas.

arsenaloyal

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Aug 6, 2012
Mailing Address is of Ohio not Texas...

PO Box 1642
Medina, Ohio 44258
Phone: 877-374-7581
Fax: 866-561-4983

tapoo

Level 4
Verified
Jan 21, 2012
bitdefender Trafficlight gives malware warning on this site
http://www.thirtyseven4.com/antivirus.html

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I remember looking at a review of this just recently,which was posted in a PcMag section on my Yahoo home page.It sells for $29.95 and doesnt seem to have done very well in PcMag's review for what it's worth.

PcMag Review said:
PROS
Includes antivirus, antirootkit, antimalware scanner, boot-time scanners. Preinstall scan headed off installation problems. Includes bonus history cleaner, permanent USB protection, restoration of settings often hijacked by malware.

CONS
Malware cleanup requires running all four scanners. Full scan wiped out some critical Windows files. Poor scores in PCMag's malware removal and malware blocking tests. Firewall component doesn't perform typical firewall tasks.

BOTTOM LINE
Thirtyseven4 Antivirus 2013 includes a regular antivirus scanner, a rootkit scanner, a malware scanner, and a special boot-time scanner. For thorough cleanup, you'll have to run all four, which is a bit of a pain. In testing, the foursome didn't come close to the effectiveness of the best antivirus products. You can do better.

Here is the Link for the Review Dated 12/19/2012

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
Yes I have heard. A clone of quickheal. Seriously they thought of cloning quickheal? And cough cough even though quickheal does have a firewall turning it on or off does not matter.

tapoo

Level 4
Verified
Jan 21, 2012
^^
@malbky
Quickheal use Agnitum outpost firewall engine, shouldn't be so bad i think

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
No Tapoo sorry for bumping the thread. I confirmed that as of 2010 versions of quickheal it does not use Agntium outpost firewall on their home desktop product segement. Its only in their enterprise editions.
That explains the fact that pre 2010 there were firewall settings.
They said they are using in house firewall from v2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.