Advice Request Anyone Know of A Free Desktop Email Client that Supports 2FA?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SearchLight

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 3, 2017
I have begun to use 2FA for some of my email services.

That said, does anyone know of a free Desktop Email Client that supports 2FA? It seems from what I have Googled, there seems to be none.

I used to use Thunderbird but it seems I have to use a less secure App Specific PW to get it to work.

F

ForgottenSeer 65219

Windows 10 mail and calendar support 2fa if you categorized that as a desktop email client.

notabot

Level 15
Verified
Oct 31, 2018
There's no need for email clients to support 2FA. All you need is to create a one-time app password and use it in the email client.
Here's how you generate app passwords for common mail providers:-

Outlook
Yahoo!
Zoho
Yandex

There is - if you use Google’s advanced protection programme , it does not allow for app passwords

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.