Advice Request Anyone on the new Sophos Home Beta?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Hawaii007

Level 2
Verified
Jan 31, 2018
We’re seeking beta testers for our new version of Sophos Home Premium. This is our most advanced cybersecurity yet with Artificial Intelligence (AI) for PCs. This next-gen technology has received some of the highest performance scores ever seen in third-party testing of our business technologies and now it’s available to test in Sophos Home Premium. Other features include enhanced real-time protection, scheduled scans, malware quarantine, and UI improvements.

F

ForgottenSeer 72227

I may give this a try, I have a soft spot for SHP. Hopefully this will improve their capabilities as well as introduce self defense. Also, hopefully this is the proper Intercept X that they said they were re-working, not some have baked version like last time.

F

ForgottenSeer 72227

Well I've installed it, so far so good.

They finally incorporated a quarantine! You do have to go to the web settings page to access it though.They've also added quite a few features from the most up to date version of HMPA from what I can see. Checking the HMPA process details it is now at 3.7.9.753. Furthermore, they did add their so called "Machine Learning" which I am assuming is their deep learning tech that is part of intercept x. @davisd I know you talked a lot with their devs in the past, were these the "improvements" that they were talking about? Have you tried out the beta at all since it was released?

I'm currious if they introduced some form of self-defence? Be interesting to see if someone were to test the beta on the HUB to see if they did improve the product in that regard.

Last edited by a moderator:

notabot

Level 15
Verified
Oct 31, 2018
This is good news, I was about t
We’re seeking beta testers for our new version of Sophos Home Premium. This is our most advanced cybersecurity yet with Artificial Intelligence (AI) for PCs. This next-gen technology has received some of the highest performance scores ever seen in third-party testing of our business technologies and now it’s available to test in Sophos Home Premium. Other features include enhanced real-time protection, scheduled scans, malware quarantine, and UI improvements.

What do you mean by enhanced real time protection? Eg is it improvement of signatures is it better behavioral blocking, could you please share more details ?

F

ForgottenSeer 72227

No such setting on my account. Probably because I have never downloaded / installed Sophos Home Free.
Hmm I'm not sure. For me I saw it at the top middle of my screen. It's not a very big button, so it can be missed. I didn't notice it right away, so either I missed it at first glance, or it appeared after a min or 2 while being logged in. If you haven't seen it already, log in a give it a few mins and see if the "Join Beta" button appears.

Last edited by a moderator:
F

ForgottenSeer 72227

This is good news, I was about t

What do you mean by enhanced real time protection? Eg is it improvement of signatures is it better behavioral blocking, could you please share more details ?

Ya, it's very vague atm, so I am not sure 100% what they are referencing, but it could be more of the HMPA/Intercept X tech they added to this version. When going under the exploit settings, there are some new features that weren't there before, so I think that's what they are referencing, but I am not 100% sure.

On a side note, it does seem like they did add some self-defense to SHP. I briefly uninstalled it to test something and the first thing I noticed when the uninstaller was running was "disabling tamper protection", so I think they did in fact add a self-defense component to SHP.(y)

notabot

Level 15
Verified
Oct 31, 2018
Ya, it's very vague atm, so I am not sure 100% what they are referencing, but it could be more of the HMPA/Intercept X tech they added to this version. When going under the exploit settings, there are some new features that weren't there before, so I think that's what they are referencing, but I am not 100% sure.

On a side note, it does seem like they did add some self-defense to SHP. I briefly uninstalled it to test something and the first thing I noticed when the uninstaller was running was "disabling tamper protection", so I think they did in fact add a self-defense component to SHP.(y)

Thanks for this (only if this doesn’t breach your beta testing Eula) would it be popsicle to share the new settings/configurations you see ?

Reactions: Weebarra

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.