Advice Request Anyone recommend Heimdal Pro over HitmanPro.Alert?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Do you recommend Heimdal Pro over HitmanPro.Alert?

• Yes

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • No

Votes: 29 90.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebsat

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
Hi my friends, I wonder to know is anyone recommending Heimdal Pro over HitmanPro.Alert? if Yes then what is the reason?

also, What about using both Heimdal Pro and HitmanPro.Alert on one system? Are they running together without no incompatibility issues? Thank you for your good assistance ;)

Last edited:

ExoGen CyberSecurity

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Sep 17, 2016
I don't see the point of Heimdal (if you remove all the marketing stuff), you can update yourself all your apps, the anti-malware is questionable.

The HitmanPro.Alert is ok, again ... from your config you use Emsisoft and it should be ok by itself.

This is just my point of view.

O

Omnipotent

Most programs update themselves automatically so there's no need for Heimdal Pro. Just uninstall Flash & Java and use a free alternative software updater like FileHippo or PatchMyPC. Most websites are switching to HTML5 anyway, if you don't want to uninstall Flash then set it to click-to-play on your web browser. This is if you have them installed, i'm only guessing. Also prevention is key to avoiding these infections, unless you own a company i don't see the need for Heimdal Pro or Hitman Pro Alert. As for HMP.A one of the features is Keystroke Encryption, it is not necessary unless you're already infected. Another feature is the Webcam Notifier, just cover your webcam when you're not using it like Edward Snowden & Mark Zuckerberg does. ;)

Bottom Line:
Emsisoft w/ BB
FileHippo/PatchMyPC
Good Hardware/Software Firewall
GlassWire
Sandboxie
Disable Autorun

Optional:
VPN
Shadow Defender (There was a giveaway a while ago)

This should keep you protected.

Last edited by a moderator:

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
I don't see the point of Heimdal (if you remove all the marketing stuff), you can update yourself all your apps, the anti-malware is questionable.

The HitmanPro.Alert is ok, again ... from your config you use Emsisoft and it should be ok by itself.

This is just my point of view.
Unfortunately, the product hasn't been properly by tested by anyone. So, yeah its effectiveness would be questionable.

I have tried the product a few times, and each time it caused slowdowns while browsing.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Never used Hemidal, I'm not that lazy.
As far as HMPA goes this is like comparing apples to lemons.
Don't waste your money on Hemidal, your PC will thank you
for buying HMPA.
In the future I would make sure you know what "class" each software is in
before comparing them. ;)

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
You sounded like an anti-Heimdal person. :)
Heimdal is a good product overall. It do have its own market as well, especially those for non-IT savvy. IF you don't trust an AV company can give Heimdal a try.
No, I see it for what it is, and the real value of Hemidal is in its ability to keep certain software up to date. I dont need software to do this for me.
The class of software that it is , is not the same class that HMPA is in, not even close. So comparing the two is useless.

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
No, I see it for what it is, and the real value of Hemidal is in its ability to keep certain software up to date. I dont need software to do this for me.
The class of software that it is , is not the same class that HMPA is in, not even close. So comparing the two is useless.
Heimdal PRO does more than being a software updater. It has traffic filter for websites, and has the ability to detect and prevent malware in the PC. All of these, though, are from Heimdal team's perspective. About how effective the software is, I'm not sure.

But yeah, I don't see any point in comparing it with HMP.A.
If I could just pick one of the two, I would choose HMP.A.
But if I could get both, I see no reason to not install both. :)

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Heimdal PRO does more than being a software updater. It has traffic filter for websites, and has the ability to detect and prevent malware in the PC. All of these, though, are from Heimdal team's perspective. About how effective the software is, I'm not sure.

But yeah, I don't see any point in comparing it with HMP.A.
If I could just pick one of the two, I would choose HMP.A.
But if I could get both, I see no reason to not install both. :)
I know it does more than Update software, but you have to be honest brother,
it's testing is lacking so we can't assume it does any of the rest with any accuracy.
So I did not even address the rest as I did not want to influence its use based on skillz
that are unproven, I hope that makes sense :(
It has proven that it is pretty good at keeping software up to date though so that is what i focused on
and based on those merits it does not belong being compared to HMPA. Hope I was clearer that time.
Thanks ZhenEd :)
And the vote is 20 to 0 so someone sees my point :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.