Advice Request Anyone tried SharpApp (previously Debotnet) by Mirinsoft?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

averagedarren

Level 1
Thread author
Jul 31, 2019
Hi,

I recently performed a clean install of Windows 10 on my laptop (first time in about 2 years) and was searching the internet for the best, and any new, privacy tools. I downloaded my usual ones (O&O ShutUp, NPE etc) and came across Debotnet. It's from the creators of another piece of software that I use Cleanmgr+ and seems a very comprehensive and handy piece of software. I was wondering if anyone else had tried this and has any opinions?

Mod Edit (New Link): SharpApp | Mirinsoft ❤︎

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
F

ForgottenSeer 85179

Debotnet get a rebuild from scratch:

Working on a new app currently running under the Codename PimpApp. It will be an optimizer of the reasonable sort and not another TUNEUP, CLEANER, OPTIMIZER (I hate this) utility!

Take a look at the first screen ...

It will be a next generation Debotnet completely rewritten from scratch, but it will not turn into a copy. It accesses again the topic privacy and security as Debotnet. But it will be a much simpler version and for the avarage user. People get confused by the number of choices of privacy tweaks, scripts and apps. After a fresh windows installation, you will be only 3 steps away from a clean and more reliable Windows installation.

F

ForgottenSeer 85179

SharpApp 0.31.3 (Achilles)

• Added OS build validation (SharpApp is compatible with OS Version < 9200 = Windows 10)
  • Added function to scripting panel to import and save script files as/from PowerShell script or plain text file (scripting > Add more scripts)
  • Customize you scripting console! (right-click console and you will find options to change font, font color, background color. Thanks for the suggestions from members of the Deskmodder community. For the german users among us. You will find there also information about new releases!)
  • Dimmed main backcolor of UI form to grey (from dazzlingly white)
  • Optimized download function (moved progressbar to form bottom)
  • Some Unicode enhancements in scripting console
  • Several spelling corrections
  • Minor bug fixes

averagedarren

Level 1
Thread author
Jul 31, 2019
Unlike most tools, it does not detect, whether the setting is already applied or not, but at least they list all tweaks, so they can be easily used. (y)
Yeah that was quite a disappointment that things, say you turned off with O&O ShutUp already, don't show up as disabled in SharpApp. Hopefully this feature will be added soon.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.