Anyone using an Uninstaller for Android?

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Just asking because I thought just simply uninstalling the app will do.

I'm using Adguard Premium Nightly and I set the filters I needed. Each time when there's a new nightly release I'll uninstall the previous version and install the new version.

Strange enough my filters remain intact with each new install. This prompted me to ask whether a simple uninstall actually removed all remnants of the app just like in Windows.

Do any of you encounter this..... maybe with other apps?

I just added Revo Uninstaller Mobile to my collection. It cannot remove pre-installed apps that come with the phone though

Last edited:

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017
Revo Uninstaller actually has one for Android and seems to work well. As you have mentioned @HarborFront . However, like you said too one cannot get ride of preinstalled applications that come default to the phone and is integrated with the phone's OS.

I fully agree with @roger_m that SDMaid is a nice one and no ads in it. However, I personally don't use a uninstaller for Android other than what comes with the phone itself - native uninstaller.

~Brian

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.