Not open for further replies.

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Just switched from using SAMSUNG Internet Browser to FF Quantum and using a VPN for my old SAMSUNG Note 4 smartphone

Finds FF lethargic and gets worse if install more extensions. Editing also shows it's a bit slow i.e. the text displayed is slower than my typing input, backspacing takes a few seconds to react etc

It gets even worse if use a VPN like the free Windscribe VPN. Still waiting for Proton to release its dedicated VPN app for android.

Also, finds it drain battery faster even without using VPN. Its slowness could be the reason for this.

The only nice thing is its ability to add extensions

Anyone has these experiences?

Maybe it's time to change to a more powerful smartphone or revert back to using SAMSUNG Internet Browser

:rolleyes:

Last edited:

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Ok, after a few days of using FF browser, I've reverted back to using SAMSUNG Internet Browser and it is fast using Avira VPN. FF is slow and causes my smartphone to warm up in use especially when using a VPN.

Compared to Chrome you can add adblocker extensions to SAMSUNG Internet Browser. It also comes with a Secret Mode similar to Incognito Mode. However, it's not a data saving browser

Reviews of SAMSUNG Internet Browser, here

Samsung Internet review: Samsung’s browser is fast, efficient, and packed with features

Samsung’s browser comes to all Android phones and gets an ad-tracking blocker

:)

Last edited:
Reactions: Handsome Recluse
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.