Glashouse

Level 4
Verified
Good Morning,

I am using SHP on several machines.
In general, I am satisfied. The PE detection is quite good, anti-exploit for the know applications works pretty well.
The Web-UI is the biggest plus as I don't have to check my children's computers...
Performance is OK, slow while installing apps, but the rest is fast.
However, script detection is weak so I am bundling this with Hard_Configurator, Bouncer, or what ever is needed on the system.
Also, my network protection is tight...

cheers
Glashouse

Nestor

Level 8
Good Morning,

I am using SHP on several machines.
In general, I am satisfied. The PE detection is quite good, anti-exploit for the know applications works pretty well.
The Web-UI is the biggest plus as I don't have to check my children's computers...
Performance is OK, slow while installing apps, but the rest is fast.
However, script detection is weak so I am bundling this with Hard_Configurator, Bouncer, or what ever is needed on the system.
Also, my network protection is tight...

cheers
Glashouse
In hub it doesn't seem to be doing so well.Maybe for zero day threats is a little weaker.

Glashouse

Level 4
Verified
In hub it doesn't seem to be doing so well.Maybe for zero day threats is a little weaker.
I am not a Sophos Fanboy, so everybody has to make his judgment based on the given facts.
You are right, there are definitely some flaws with SHP but most of them are with scripts.
In my current environment, it works well, but I would not use it as the only protection for people with bad clicking habits :)

Umar.18

Level 2
I am not a Sophos Fanboy, so everybody has to make his judgment based on the given facts.
You are right, there are definitely some flaws with SHP but most of them are with scripts.
In my current environment, it works well, but I would not use it as the only protection for people with bad clicking habits :)
Thank you for your information. Would you be able to recommend any add on to complement its script protection capabilities?

It seems to have a lot of components loaded into memory. The real question is the quality of protection these components provide to the end user.

Umar.18

Level 2
I like it. It’s light on my laptop and have a lot nice options.

Settings in the Cloud i don’t like but i have only one pc.
If you have a few pc’s it is great ofcourse.
Thank you @thrillskr for sharing your opinion. It will definitely help people make an informed decision.

Glashouse

Level 4
Verified
When it comes to script protection there are lots of good options discussed herein MT:
Hard_Configurator, NVT products, Excubits Bouncer, AppGuard, Voodooshield and much more.
Depending on your needs and capabilities there should be something within this pool for you :)

Reactions: Raiden and Azure

thrillskr

Level 2
I added Voodooshield free version btw. + Sandboxie (payd) and some tweaks in the Firewall with group policy.

Combined with Cisco Umbrello DNS it’s more then enough. And light.

Andrew3000

Level 6
Verified
Malware Tester
Hi, i'm using it! (wanan test it).
In general it is really good and the license does not cost much. In addition, sophos over a period of 1 year has proven to completely change and revolutionize the product. The only problem is the use of the Ram that is high enough, but I’m sure that will solve the problem.

Attachments

marcopaone

Level 3
Verified
I tried sophos, what to say... is very thought about the operating system, uses too much ram memory, cpu and I/O operations on the hard disk
On the market at the moment there are very strong antivirus sounds at sophos.