Not open for further replies.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
As a Windows user, you have come across a situation, where your PC may have faced a Boot failure or displayed an Operating system not found error. If the computer just fails to boot, and if you do not have a system backup image, then there’s a high possibility that you may lose your data. This is where a tool like AOMEI OneKey Recovery can help you.

AOMEI OneKey Recovery review

AOMEI OneKey Recovery is a free software that can help you to create a factory recovery partition, make system backups, restore backups in case your system crashes, and use it to restore your computer to its factory default or a previously backed up state. The program is extremely user friendly, and hence easy to use. The interface is simple, with no unnecessary buttons or settings.

OneKey-Recovery-Freeware_1.jpg

Just like the program itself, the installation is also hassle-free. This 18 MB software gets downloaded as well as installed within no time. The creators of OneKey Recovery freeware have taken care to avoid pushing third-party offers. That is good, and we hope it remains this way. Once the installation is complete, it will place a shortcut on your desktop, which directly opens the main page of the program.

Create Factory Recovery Partition
The program offers you a clean, easy-to-understand and self-explanatory interface. When you open OneKey Recovery freeware, on the home page of the program, you can see two options:

• OneKey System Backup
  • OneKey System Recovery
The first option is for taking the system backup; while the second option is for restoring the backup, you may have taken earlier.

For each option, you will need to go through a series of small steps in order to take system backup or recover the backed-up data. It is an easy-to-follow wizard.

The screen for OneKey System Backup looks as follows:

OneKey-Recovery-Freeware_21.jpg

The screen for OneKey System Recovery looks as follows:

OneKey-Recovery-Freeware_3.jpg

It takes very few steps to create a factory recovery partition, as well as to restore your computer to it – around 2-3 clicks. For most of the systems, users just need to press ‘A’ when their machine starts booting into Windows PE environment in order to launch Onekey Recovery freeware.

When you are creating a factory recovery partition, this tool prompts you to create a separate space in your disk for the backup. This way, your data and factory recovery partition remains safe. You can change or modify the backup partition on the disk any time. This tool supports both GPT and MBR disks.

Due to the utility, simplicity and efficiency of this tool, we give a thumbs up. It’s a great way to create a factory recovery partition! You can download AOMEI OneKey Recovery from its home page. It supports Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP – both 32-bit and 64-bit systems.

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
It works really well i have used this for a few months now. Aomei software is reliable and easy to use. :)

Last edited:

dragonmew

Level 3
Verified
Feb 21, 2013
so where do i save the file on the drive with my OS on cos last time i used a product by this company i stored my backup on ssd and it wiped it clean and it caused more problems than it solved

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
@dragonx1983
When you are creating a factory recovery partition, this tool prompts you to create a separate space in your disk for the backup. This way, your data and factory recovery partition remains safe. You can change or modify the backup partition on the disk any time. This tool supports both GPT and MBR disks.

Did you partition your SSD/HDD to store the Recovery, or you placed the files in the existing space?

dragonmew

Level 3
Verified
Feb 21, 2013
i just saved the image to my ssd when i used aoemi backupper but with this i cant even use my ssd as its not got enough free space on it. so im guessing im gonna have to create a partition on the HDD with windowss so that it is recoverable?

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
@dragonx1983
The best method is that you see what is the weight of your System (usually C) partition, not the whole partition but only the data it consumes. My case :
My System partition weights 50 GB, and it has 39GB of free space, and 11GB of data.
AOMEI One Key recovery evaluates the size of the data your system partition contains. So it will search for partition that has at least ~11GB of free space to create a recovery partition on it.
I suggest you to manually repartition your SSD/HDD and create a separate partition (for example 20GB partition, or calculate like I said above). And when One Key Recovery asks you to choose partition, where it's gonna create a recovery partition and store the backups, to select that partition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.