Apex Legends hits 10 million players in just 3 days (Updated)

CyberTech

Level 44
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
Developer Respawn believed that it was “putting a lot on the line” with the surprise launch of Apex Legends, but it looks like the decision was the right one: just three days after launch, the game has reached 10 million players. Fortnite, in comparison, took two weeks to hit the same milestone.

“We knew it would be risky to take the franchise in this direction, to go free to play, and do a surprise launch,” Respawn CEO Vince Zampella wrote in a blog post. “But we fell in love with Apex Legends and wanted, needed, other people to play it, too.” In addition to the overall player count, the developer also says that Apex has already reached 1 million concurrent players.

Apex Legends is a free-to-play battle royale game set in the Titanfall universe, and it’s a game that mashes together elements of some of the most popular online shooters. It features Overwatch-style hero characters, along with the core gameplay of Fortnite and PUBG. Notably, it also requires players to squad up in groups of three, though it includes a number of accessibility features so that you can play it without voice chat.

In addition to Apex, Respawn is also working on a Star Wars game that’s expected to launch this year, and publisher EA says that “related Titanfall experiences” are also in the works. “We have so much more in store for you this year,” Zampella says.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Update: Pushing 50 million players in 30 days.

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

I'm one of the people that can't play Apex because it makes me vomit. Out of the hundreds of games I have played over the years, this is the first game to give me hideous headaches and make me feel sick. Apparently it isn't uncommon, and there are articles about this.

But from what I hear, with all of the cheating, I haven't missed much lately as it's gone down the dumpster like all MP shooters do within 3-6 weeks of release.

Reactions: Hollow

Handsome Recluse

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
I'm one of the people that can't play Apex because it makes me vomit. Out of the hundreds of games I have played over the years, this is the first game to give me hideous headaches and make me feel sick. Apparently it isn't uncommon, and there are articles about this.

But from what I hear, with all of the cheating, I haven't missed much lately as it's gone down the dumpster like all MP shooters do within 3-6 weeks of release.
Don't like multi-player FPS?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.