Apple’s New MacBook Pros Go Up to Core i9, 32GB of RAM

LASER_oneXM

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
The 15-inch MacBook Pro will start at a hefty $2,399 and use either a hexa-core Intel Core i7 or Core i9 processor going up to 2.9 GHz with Turbo Boost running up to 4.8GHz. Unlike the last generation of MacBook Pros, these will go up to 32GB of DDR4 memory and will feature Radeon Pro discrete graphics with 4GB of VRAM. It will support up to 4TB of SSD storage. The display will use Apple’s True Tone technology, which changes color temperature based on your environment. And yes, the Touch Bar and Touch ID are back, this time powered by Apple’s T2 chips. This is the model pros doing 3D rendering, video editing, running virtual machines or other workstation tasks will want.

The 13-inch version starts at $1,799 and uses either quad-core Core i5 or Core i7 processors up uto 2.7 GHz (4.5 GHz on Turbo Boost). It will use Intel Iris Plus 655 integrated graphics and allow up to 2TB of SSD storage. Like the 15-inch version, the 13-incher will use True Tone, the Touch Bar, Touch ID and the T2 co-processor. The T2 processor also allows for "Hey, Siri" compatibility, making these the first MacBooks that don't need a keyboard shortcut to activate the digital assistant.

Yellowing

Level 5
Verified
Jun 7, 2018
If the cost is $10,000 no one buys that one
If people buy a MAC with a 13-inch display and an quad-core i5 for $1,799, they'll also buy that.

I'm pretty sure someone there was just like: "Haha! But what if we demand $800 more this time, for no reason?", other guy "Haha! You're a genius! Here, have $500,000 bonus!"

Last edited:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Partial owner to a Mid-2015 MacBook Pro.

You can configure the Mid-2018 MacBook Pro 15-inch without additional professional macOS software to £6209 (inc. VAT).
  • 2.9GHz 6-core 8th-generation Intel Core i9 processor, Turbo Boost up to 4.8GHz
  • Retina display with True Tone (2880x1800 / 220ppi)
  • Touch Bar and Touch ID
  • Radeon Pro 560X with 4GB of GDDR5 memory
  • 32GB 2400MHz DDR4 memory
  • 4TB SSD storage
  • Four Thunderbolt 3 ports
  • Backlit Keyboard
  • Accessory Kit
Environmental factors:
  • Mercury-free LED-backlit display
  • Arsenic-free display glass
  • BFR-free
  • PVC-free
  • Beryllium-free
  • Highly recyclable aluminium enclosure
  • Meets ENERGY STAR 6.1 requirements
  • Rated EPEAT Gold
Now where's your sub-$10k Windows 10 Pro Laptop?

Reactions: harlan4096

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.