Level 59
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
Apple’s new iPhone Special Event just finished up at the Steve Jobs theatre in Cupertino – and as expected we saw the launch of a new generation of iPhones – the new iPhone 11 series. The new iPhone 11 is the successor to the iPhone XR of last year and is projected to again be Apple’s most successful device for the year, upgrading the camera system with new photography experiences as well as introducing the new A13 chipset.
The new iPhone 11 Pro and 11 Pro Max are Apple’s first iPhones with the “Pro” designation, and are the successors to last year’s XS and XS Max. They also bring the new back glass design, but this time include three camera modules, and this year Apple also upgrades the display panel to make it much brighter and much more efficient.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
A little side note on the price:
In the US, people buy iPhone's through their phone carrier so they never pay $1099. They pay around $30-40/month (it also includes their mobile plan) and once every two years they get a free upgrade to the latest iPhone.

Here is a hands-on video for these new phones:

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
I don't feel the need to buy a flagship phone. None of my computers have high end specs, or are even recent models. I spent way more time using my PCs than I do on my Android phone. So for my usage, it doesn't make sense to own a high end flagship, even if I was to buy it on a plan with monthly payments, rather than buy it outright.

Last edited:

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
I think you pay a fair bit more in the UK & then it needs to be insured, (though I don't have a contract or insure it) the days I feel of people rushing to get the latest iPhone is not what it was at least with the people I know? Most of my youngest daughters friends (late teens) are moving from iPhone's to alternatives including her.

Apple at least for the younger generation does not have the kudos it once had - I have a 7 & although I like the new ones I'm quite happy with what I have though may get an 8 & will probably stay at the very least a generation behind now as the basic functionality remains the same. I will always use an iPhone though - In my extended family the die hard iPhone fans tend to be over 30 which is interesting, I'm 60 :eek:

Venustus

Level 59
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• EEHkwHQU8AIi68c.jpg
    EEHkwHQU8AIi68c.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 212

Burrito

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018

jetman

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 6, 2017
I like Apple products but I won't be buying one of the new iphones. They are very overpriced (especially in the UK) and I just don't need all these new features. Like most people I mainly use a phone for calls, texts, podcasts and some basic browsing. A cheap Android phone will do all of that just as well as the very best iphones !

IF Apple had launched a new iphone SE at a reasonable price then I might have been interested.

Burrito

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
I learned a new word today.

Trypophobia

This totally does bother me, however the iPhone 11 Pro doesn’t trigger it. I must not be too sensitive.

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
As far as I'm concerned all major manufacturers should suffer in their pockets. They are going completely nuts with phone pricing. I'm not interested in buying a phone that is more expensive than the computer I use to work and play some games. I would rather buy a new computer.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.