Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Apple iOS 7 for iPhone and iPad - What's New?

Source: Independent.co.uk

The update will be available to UK Apple users from 6pm this evening, with the download easily found under your iPhone or iPad's setting menus. Just navigate from 'General' to 'Software update' and you're all ready! Might be best to update over Wi-Fi to save on your data charges though.

It's also a smart idea to back-up your device just in case something goes wrong (small chance - but better safe than sorry). You can do this via iTunes or iCloud - head over to Apple's support site for more detailed instructions.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Quoted from Source - Six reason to NOT upgrade immediately

1. Some apps won't be compatible right away
  2. There isn't a jailbreak available (yet)
  3. Expect a few bugs and quirks in the first few weeks
  4. If you're using a work phone, check with IT first
  5. Older devices may experience sluggishness
  6. Downgrading to iOS 6 may be impossible.

iPanik

Feb 28, 2011
This time i will use itunes to do the update. Every time i have used the over-the-air update something has ended up broken.

jon-mt

Sep 18, 2013
Just an example of a specific problem with the upgrade
(we use Good for Enterprise iPhone / iPad Application for email/calender etc, im sure its probably not a bad idea to check other security apps you use?)

"Good has informed us that if you plan to upgrade your iPhone / iPad you must upgrade the Good app "BEFORE" you upgrade to IOS7.
Failure to do so may break your Good application forcing you to uninstall it, reinstall it and obtain a new PIN for the app "

G

Guest28

Ohhhhh no......... I am getting an error on both my ipads 4th generation they wont update now they reached half way thru the update an an error occurred now i cant update it at all... This sucks lol.

Edit: It's trying to update again will see how it goes...

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
At least you have back-ups of any valuable data.

Let us know how it goes, and what methods you took to successfully upgrade. :D

G

Guest28

Okay, I am trying a different approach. I am trying to upgrade from the itunes update. I will let you know how it goes. Some are saying that the servers are being flooded with requests to update. That could be another big problem so i might be waiting.

Edit: Updating, in Itunes took a few times before it actually let me download the update. After about the third time it successfully updated. It was Definitely a problem with apple's servers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.