Apple regularly sends costumers data to Government,Wikileaks says

Dirk41

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016
Wikileaks released an email allegedly between Lisa Jackson (Apple’s vice president of Environment, Policy and Social Initiatives) and John Polesta ( John Podesta - Wikipedia ) that seems to demonstrate deep cooperation between Apple and Government.

" Strong encryption does not eliminate Apple's ability to give law enforcement meta-data or any of a number of other very useful categories of data "

Last edited:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Let's go back to the board where Apple and FBI issues occur. ;)

Same issues, same thing of conspiracy theory, do we need to get alarm?

Ask those respondent and majority do not take it seriously unless involve on crimes.

D

Deleted member 178

And i can say Wikileaks is deeply in bed with Russian government and Donald Trump :D

Nothing really surprising then...After all we all knows that major corporations in US (and in the world) are in bed with their respective government. If not they wouldn't be "Major" but SMB...

L

LabZero

What is privacy?

Privacy protects us from abuses of the governments, even if we're not doing anything wrong.
Because if we are seen in everything that we are doing, we are always at risk of correction, judgment, criticism of our individuality and we lose our individuality.

When someone violates our privacy, our freedom is violated.

omidomi

Level 71
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
And i can say Wikileaks is deeply in bed with Russian government and Donald Trump :D

Nothing really surprising then...After all we all knows that major corporations in US (and in the world) are in bed with their respective government. If not they wouldn't be "Major" but SMB...
I do't think "in bed" , I think they are just in one road.
WikiLeaks leaks USA guilty and yup Russia and Donald J Trump used them :D
problem is come from US government why they do this job...:rolleyes:
when USA govenment want defeat their "Opposition" they said: Ha Ha you work for Russia :D ( all dictatorship in history start from here...:( )

Entreri

Level 7
Verified
May 25, 2015
Prior to the Snowden leaks, I am sure every major corp sent all the data to various governments, Big Brother style, including encryption keys.

Now it is more limited in most cases (except for things like Win 10), example is the recent fight Apple had with the FBI over iPhone access.

Reactions: DardiM
D

Deleted member 178

I do't think "in bed" , I think they are just in one road.
WikiLeaks leaks USA guilty and yup Russia and Donald J Trump used them :D

I heard than Wikileaks' head has a grudge against Clinton, it was revealed , and the guy is living in Russia...like Snowden.

Reactions: DardiM and omidomi

soccer97

Level 11
Verified
May 22, 2014
Short of companies like F-Secure and ones that are considered protected due to some of their country's laws, I don't know specifically of a company that doesn't hand it over, and if it is compelled by those secret orders - pretty hard to fight.

As I once heard > There is a tradeoff for free products - Your privacy (No such thing as a free lunch from Economics)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.