Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Apple's new iPhone 13 series features its latest A15 Bionic processor, which the company says is 50% faster than the competition. That vague claim was the entry point for AnandTech's investigation into the chip's performance, efficiency, and graphics core improvements, and the review's conclusions easily back it up.

Two new CPU microarchitectures feature in the A15, both for the two performance cores and the four efficiency cores, which are likely made on a 5nm+ process, which TSMC refers to as N5P, a "performance-enhanced version" of its 5nm process that allows for higher maximum frequencies.

On top of this, AnandTech notes that the A15 system cache has been boosted to 32MB, which is double the system cache compared to the A14. This doubling "dwarfs the competition" and is a "key factor in the power efficiency of the chip, being able to keep memory accesses on the same silicon rather than going out to slower, and more power inefficient DRAM," says the report.

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
My iPhone died on me last week so now I gotta wait till November for my iPhone 13 Pro... I wonder how well iOS 15, A15 bionic and the new (at least for apple) 120hz refresh rate display harmonize with each other. (y)

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
Depeds on how much the repair may cost. Repairing Apple devices can be damn expensive and then it might not be worth it...
But yea I will get it checked soon. (y)
Oh yes i guess, i think you go to mobile shops tell them how much for iPhone X then go to repair shop how much for the screen, etc and count it you know what i mean :) if it's expensive so replace it with a used screen then :)

Reactions: Nevi and Kongo

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.