Seems that last test was invalid, as after resetting the vm/reinstalling and setting the options to high it looks like I failed to update definitions!
Ive gone through again on max settings and ensured definitions are updated and looking a lot better, although there was 1 active running malware making remote communications.
so the issue was nothing to do with high mode making it weakier, it was my bad for not updating definitions.... gif of the latest test here again 1000 samples only a few fresh ones added in today) link to gif arcabit test 4 (46mb)
I just tested this trial today. It cut out my internet connection as soon as I installed it. I have no idea why. I couldn't find anything helpful in the settings, so I uninstalled it. The internet connection came back. As far as I can remember, I've never had this happen with any other security suite.