Advice Request Are AppGuard and Sandboxie a good combo?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pkjfkknm

I use sandboxie mainly for isolating Chrome and Firefox(I use Windows 7 so I don't have appcontainer). AppGuard is kept there because it provides default deny protection. I have the necessary exclusions set for sandboxie in AppGuard. Are there any know conflicts between AG and SBIE? For my AV I have ESET IS.

appguard too tough to analyze
for me appguard is trash
simple very basic antiexecutable secureplus voodooshield nvt erp better

Wraith

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 15, 2018
for me appguard is trash
Sorry mate but I can't agree on this. IMO AG is one of the best and robust solutions out there if you know how to configure it. It is used to lockdown the entire system and I've yet to see any PC with AG getting infected. But yes, AG is not for everyone since you need to have a thorough knowledge of how SRP works and it takes time to set it up since each PC has unique softwares installed. But once you set up AG properly, no anti executable comes anywhere as close to it.

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Like Burrito, I tend to combine muscle groups. It seems to be most prudent to do this.

Appguard I have no interest in because they have no interest in consumers/prosumers, but feel the protection would be exceptional. Also I think it would be problematic on machines I don't directly use, always trying to determine why this or that doesn't work right. Sandboxie is probably a waste of time at best.

Honestly, Eset tweaked w/Syshardner is probably way way good enough IMO.

Reactions: Burrito
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.