Are Season Passes worth buying for any Online-Multiplayer Video Games?

Would you buy Season Pass for Online-Multiplayer Video Games?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Self-explanatory title.

In your opinion, for a particular game, is buying the Season Pass for it's downloadable content worth it?

Please mention any Video Games that a Season Pass for DLC is worth buying.

Chimaira

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jan 5, 2018
I would say no because you are paying up front for content that you don't know will be any good.

A lot of DLC ends up being filler crap too. I say wait for the GOTY edition or equivalent and then evaluate how well it is reviewed before buying.

redsworn

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Dec 6, 2017
Online-Multiplayer games are already marred with microtransactions. Personally, I'm not gonna pay for additional contents.

Now, if it's single player games then I'll decide in case per case basis. Some games have season pass which greatly expand the contents of the game. While some other are just shitty skins, weapons, and such which doesn't really add anything.

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
It depends how much i paid for the game, how many seasons per year and how much it cost. Can't decide without at least knowing this 3.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Breaking it down, I would say "yes it is"
The average game (that I buy) is approx 50 to 60 bucks, one DLC usually runs 15 to 20 bucks, most
active and quality games add quite a few DLC's take the Division for example, if you paid the initial full price, then bought the add-ons
individually , that would be a quite an expensive game. Purchasing the season pass allows for you to receive the DLC content for free, it's a smart move.
Good luck.

Reactions: SHvFl

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
Personally I only buy DLC for games that don't cost much to begin with and also I pour a ton of time into. Something like the Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege starter edition costs about 8 bucks for me, and I play almost 30 hours per week, I feel that it would be worth it to get the season pass because it not only unlocks some skins but also "operators" in game which add to the value of the game.

JHomes

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2016
Depends...On...The...Game.

Seriously though, I bash people for buying some, but then I buy them. We're all bad for this. I have only bought a few, the most recent being Dragon Ball FighterZ.

Borderlands 2 had the best Season Pass imo. You got hundreds of hours of content for a smidge more.

amico81

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017
Depends on the game and my experience with the beta.

battlefield 1 beta was great -> DLC and game bought
COD WW2 beta was biggest ##### -> i save my money :)

aragornnnn

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 18, 2016
Battlefield 1 is worth it 100%
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt worth it 100%
Assasin's Creed: Origins is Probably worth it?

Tom Clancy's The Division is worth it aswell since patch 1.8 is out.
I played it like 40 hours this week alone and we still have the weekend to up this number even more :ROFLMAO:

T

TrinitronMSDOS

Season Pass for multiplayer games are usually worth it. I bought CoD:WW2 with the season pass and i'm set for a year of online fun. As for solo games, it depends. Anyway i usually wait a few months for games to be on sale and buy a deluxe edition cheaper than the regular one on release day (y)

FHRNHT

Level 1
Jan 8, 2018
It's up to you.
I did use a VPN for buying The Division in the first day. I knew I was going to play a lot and they did announce that a lot will be coming.
I did buy the season of Deus Ex Human Revolution, and I just got an extra mission and I was disapointed. But I'm a huge fan and I really enjoyed the 10 extra hours playing in the moment. I was just expecting more that just 1 mission

I didn't buy the season pass of Ghost Recon Wildland and I'm happy I didn't.
It's really up to what you want and how you feel about the game I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.