Are these programs good enough to protect my PC?

CycloneTutorials

Thread author
May 19, 2011
G'day, I just posted this thread to let you guys know about my security programs.

I need recommendations from you guys so that I can improve my PC security level.

Here are some programs that I use to protect and speed up my PC.

* Avast! Internet Security 6.
* SUPER Anti Spyware.
* Hitman Pro 3.5
* MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
* Advanced System Care 4.
* Auslogics BootSpeed.
* CCleaner.
* Shadow Defender.

So, that's it! Hope you guys give me more suggestions and software.

I highly need recommendations from MalwareTips users. Are these softwares good enough? Do I need to add more programs to protect my PC?

Regards,
- CycloneT.

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011
Locked. No multiple accounts allowed. Please decide on the account you want to use and reply to my private message.
edit: OK, issues regarding multiple accounts are now sorted out. Thanks for understanding.

It might be better to start a thread in Security Configuration Forum and provide the information requested in the form. In the end it might not be about what security software you use but about how you use it.

swftech

Jun 20, 2011
It might be a good idea to get a firewall, I always recommend Comodo. And do you run Shadow Defender at all times? If so you shouldn't have much to worry about as long as your smart about what you do online.

K__M

Jun 14, 2011
swftech said:
It might be a good idea to get a firewall, I always recommend Comodo. And do you run Shadow Defender at all times? If so you shouldn't have much to worry about as long as your smart about what you do online.

Avast IS has a firewall

And that looks like plenty of security software.

Dejan

Mar 3, 2011
Perhaps you should start a new thread here as bogdan mentioned. It would give us more information about your OS and computer, information not mentioned in this thread, such as what browser you use, what extensions you installed for the browsers, what your level of knowledge about computing is etc. For now I can only recommend this assuming you don't have it already.

Install Web of Trust (WOT), a safe browsing tool for Firefox, Chrome, IE and a few other browsers. Download here.

Consider removing Advanced SystemCare, I've never liked iObit or they're products, I always found them mediocre and fishy, although this is just from my own experience and keeping it won't cause any harm to your security config.

CycloneTutorials

Thread author
May 19, 2011
endejan said:
Perhaps you should start a new thread here as bogdan mentioned. It would give us more information about your OS and computer, information not mentioned in this thread, such as what browser you use, what extensions you installed for the browsers, what your level of knowledge about computing is etc. For now I can only recommend this assuming you don't have it already.

Install Web of Trust (WOT), a safe browsing tool for Firefox, Chrome, IE and a few other browsers. Download here.

Consider removing Advanced SystemCare, I've never liked iObit or they're products, I always found them mediocre and fishy, although this is just from my own experience and keeping it won't cause any harm to your security config.

I'll post my configs to that section ASAP.

If I remove Advanced System Care, what program will I use to clean my registry files, junk files, defragments etc.

Devial

Mar 6, 2011
CycloneTutorials said:
endejan said:

I'll post my configs to that section ASAP.

If I remove Advanced System Care, what program will I use to clean my registry files, junk files, defragments etc.

I am using CCLeaner with CCEnhancer as an addon for cleaning junk etc.

I would recommend Smart Defrag for defragmentation :)

Dejan

Mar 3, 2011
Devial is right, as for cleaning the registry I seriously DO NOT recommend using a program for that, or you could end up ruining the computer.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.