Not open for further replies.

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Ares is a free open source file sharing program that enables users to share any digital file including images, audio, video, software, documents, etc.

You may now easily publish your files through the Ares peer to peer network. As a member of the virtual community, you can search and download just about any file shared by other users. Latest versions support BitTorrent protocol and Shoutcast radio stations.

With Ares you can also join chat rooms or host your channel and meet new friends.
  • Fast multisource downloads
  • Powerful library organizer
  • Built-in audio/video player
  • Filesharing chat rooms

691__ares1.png

Download.

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
I've never heard of this product before. Has anyone tried it and if so what you think of it?

Ramblin

Level 3
May 14, 2011
McLovin said:
I've never heard of this product before. Has anyone tried it and if so what you think of it?
I am totally against using programs like Ares because 1) exposure to malware is overwhelming and 2) there are faster, safer and easier ways to get what you want in the Internet than using programs like Ares.

If you use real time antivirus, its possible that your antivirus will detect Ares as malicious or as a potentially unwanted program. On demand scanners like SAS and MBAM also (might) detect Ares, I know they did a couple years ago.

Bo

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.