Prorootect

Level 53
Verified
Armageddon Apocalypse Soon?

Stories of technological threat—and hope
Apocalypse, a 1903 painting by Albert Goodwin
Apocalypse, a 1903 painting by Albert Goodwin

For this issue, I asked top experts to tell stories of technology-related doomsdays the world might soon face if specific threats go unaddressed, not to frighten readers, but, in the tradition of the Clock, to alert them, so they might act in time, making a loud and unmistakable demand: that the Earth be preserved, that the human experiment be extended, that midnight never toll.
Why we’re publishing an issue full of Doomsday descriptions.

- read more: on thebulletin.org: Stories of technological threat—and hope - Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists

Albert Goodwin (artist) : on wikiwand.com: Albert Goodwin (artist) | Wikiwand

The Great Contraction, 2045-2106 C.E.

For decades, individual geologists, biologists, and others had warned of the unforgiving math of production versus demand in over a dozen critical resources. Branded as alarmists or apocalyptics, their words were largely ignored, or at best considered suitable material for consideration only by academics.
By 2035, it was impossible for even the foolish or the stubborn to ignore the savage reality of what would come to be called "The Great Contraction".
Critical rare earth minerals, indium, antimony, cobalt, and other resources integral to the basic functioning of the technological economy became increasingly expensive to acquire, but the relative inconvenience of these was nothing compared to the cardinal problem of demand outstripping supply in those most critical of all resources - arable topsoil, phosphorous for fertilizer, petroleum, and fresh water.
The result did not come overnight or quickly, but the devastation it eventually left in its wake would paint even the infamous Black Death as a mere footnote. The result came in billions dead; by war, by plague - but most of all by the cold hand of famine.
The formal beginning of The Great Contraction was later set as 2045 C.E., the first year of the modern era where the total human population fell rather than rose. The ending came sixty-one long years later when that trend finally reversed.
The collapse did not begin overnight. ...
-read more: on jubal.com: The Great Contraction, 2045-2106 C.E. | Jubal

Permian extinction - extincao-relampago - by José-Luis Olivares - enh. 1366x859.jpg...Permian extinction - extincao-relampago - by José-Luis Olivares - enh. 1366x859.jpg

Last edited:

Prorootect

Level 53
Verified
Gog from Magog war is near?...Ezekiel’s prophecy...

Thoughts On The Gog From Magog:
I discovered these links some days already and I'm eager to share them with you, because it seems to me that they are worthy of consideration... I haven't read them all yet, but I'm making progress... so what are your impressions now, my friends?

What do you think about this link:
"God reveals a fascinating and detailed prophecy about a future war campaign against Israel in the book of Ezekiel. This war is known as the "Gog and Magog War" because the people of Magog and their leader Gog will lead the attack against Israel. " - it's from my new founded interesting article on trackingbibleprophecy.org: Tracking Bible Prophecy: The Gog and Magog War
Text is very dense, with many interesting thoughts! On 2 pages!
"The first page of this study is a verse-by-verse study of Ezekiel 38-39. The second page is a study of the placement the "Gog and Magog War" on the prophetic timetable. "

Roberts_Siege_and_Destruction_of_Jerusalem 1000x637 blog.logos.com.jpg

Roberts_Siege_and_Destruction_of_Jerusalem 1000x637 blog.logos.com.jpg

jesus-returns-with-the-church-saints-at-end-of-the-tribulation.jpg

jesus-returns-with-the-church-saints-at-end-of-the-tribulation.jpg

Who Are Gog and Magog, and What’s So Evil about the North?
on blog.logos.com:
Who Are Gog and Magog, and What's So Evil about the North? - LogosTalk

The War of Gog and Magog Explained
on worthychristianforums.com:
The War of Gog and Magog Explained
"Magog is the location of origin of the antichrist. Gog is from the land of Magog. Gog is the person, Magog is the place. "
-I think so. Look Ezekiel: "Son of man, set your face against Gog, of the land of Magog ..." . "Magog is the location of origin of the antichrist. Gog is from the land of Magog. Gog is the person, Magog is the place." - voilà I think so.

The War of Gog and Magog
on hightimetoawake.com:
The War of Gog and Magog
From this link, hightimetoawake.com: "In today’s terms we understand that Turkey will initiate a battle against Israel. This is the war of Gog and Magog."
- I don't think that Turkey will initiate the war against Israel. Turkey has its problems, and Israel is very strong, has nuclear...so no war, in our time!
What do you think...

Hmm, I think that some conclusions are a little bit drawn, pushed, but I am not a theologian, but a mere mortal man like most of you, I think. All these stories about Gog from Magog - Turkey or Russia - are speculations, nothing sure?..
I don't think there will be any war in our lifetime.
NO WAR, I'm sure.

But these are interesting thoughts, so are always worth reading...

Last edited:

Prorootect

Level 53
Verified
Yes, speculations speculations... and in the meantime, the others are regenerating the entire forest...

Full Film: Man Spends 30 Years Regenerating Farmland into Amazing Forest | Fools & Dreamers
The incredible story of how degraded gorse-infested farmland has been regenerated back into beautiful native forest.

Fools & Dreamers: Regenerating a Native Forest is a 30-minute documentary about Hinewai Nature Reserve, on New Zealand’s Banks Peninsula, and its kaitiaki/manager of 30 years, botanist Hugh Wilson. When, in 1987, Hugh let the local community know of his plans to allow the introduced ‘weed’ gorse to grow as a nurse canopy to regenerate farmland into native forest, people were not only skeptical but outright angry – the plan was the sort to be expected only of “fools and dreamers”.

Now considered a hero locally and across the country, Hugh oversees 1500 hectares resplendent in native forest, where birds and other wildlife are abundant and 47 known waterfalls are in permanent flow. He has proven without doubt that nature knows best – and that he is no fool.

** More about Hinewai Reserve** (links cleaned...)
Hinewai Reserve
Hinewai Reserve - facebook page

Last edited:

Prorootect

Level 53
Verified
I used to visit this forum some years ago. I think you have to become a member to read and post. it used to be like 15 bucks every 6 months, plus he sends his latest book too.
Hi ticllemefeet,
Take care of you: I think this forum you're sending me a link from, is very suspicious, maybe a sect, Jehovah's Witnesses or other [], so be careful. The good solution would be to delete your link, please, and forget about it. Neither I nor other members of our MT forum need that, I think. Surely.

- Maybe you have some personal thoughts about Gog from Magog, Apocalypse that may be near?

Last edited:

blackice

Level 16
Verified
Hi ticllemefeet,
Take care of you: I think this forum you're sending me a link from, is very suspicious, maybe a sect, Jehovah's Witnesses or other bad people, so be careful. The good solution would be to delete your link, please, and forget about it. Neither I nor other members of our MT forum need that, I think. Surely.

- Maybe you have some personal thoughts about Gog from Magog, Apocalypse that may be near?
I would agree that you are the OP of this thread and it’s good to stay on topic. I would also think it prudent to not throw around the label of “bad people” lightly, considering not everyone may share your specific beliefs.

Prorootect

Level 53
Verified
I would agree that you are the OP of this thread and it’s good to stay on topic. I would also think it prudent to not throw around the label of “bad people” lightly, considering not everyone may share your specific beliefs.
Sure blackice, sorry to bother you, or someone else...so we stay on topic, right.

bribon77

Level 32
Verified
The book of Revelation is a difficult book, which lends itself to different interpretations, from the point of view of each religion, although this will be fulfilled, we certainly do not know how it will be.