User account
Malware exposure
No malware samples are downloaded
Real-time Malware protection
Windows 10 Defender, VoodooSheild , Shadow Defender
Periodic scanners
Zemana AntiMalware , Emsisoft Emergency Kit
Browser and Extensions
Zenmate, Lastpass, Magic Actions for Youtube, The Great Suspender, Https Everywhere, Imagus
Privacy tools and VPN
Adguard Premium Desktop
Password manager
Lastpass Premium
Search engine
Google
Maintenance tools
CCleaner, Driver Booster, Revo Uninstaller, Startup Delayer, O&O Disk Defrag, Unchecky. Iobit Protected Folder
Photos and Files backup
AOMEI Backupper PRO On External Adata Hd720 2TB HardDrive
File Backup schedule
Once or multiple times per week
Backup and Restore
AOMEI Backupper PRO
Backup schedule
No system backups

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff member
Edited config with username as required
UAC enabled?
x86/x64 OS?
Computer Knowledge?
Last know infection?
Could add some on demand scanners such as Malwarebytes Antimalware,Hitman Pro,Emsisoft Emergency Kit,ESET Online Scanner
Consider uBlock in place of ABD and adding HTTPS Everywhere

arslan ejaz

Level 10
Verified
Edited config with username as required
UAC enabled?
x86/x64 OS?
Computer Knowledge?
Last know infection?
Could add some on demand scanners such as Malwarebytes Antimalware,Hitman Pro,Emsisoft Emergency Kit,ESET Online Scanner
Consider uBlock in place of ABD and adding HTTPS Everywhere
UAC is set on medium, x64bit OS , Computer Knowledge Medium and i cant remember the last virus i got infected to .
i use HTTPS everywhere but forgot to mention sorry.
and thanks i will try ublock and which online & ondemand scanner you recommend plz

Avira Pro Antivirus is fine though but its supplementary components are lack like proAktiv so a companion AV like SecureAplus/Voodoshield/Xvirus or Crystal Security should be fine though.

Other than that, follow the other suggestion as mentioned.
So which antivirus u recommend i am deciding btw norton or kasperasky so which one ??

Last edited by a moderator:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Trusted
@arslan ejaz :

For simplified and install/forget mechanism then you may go Norton AV/IS, their core of protection is purely based on cloud and lesser in signatures (Auto-Protect realtime). Default configuration should be fine and Sonar is active at primetime.

If you want huge + little bit complex configuration then go to Kaspersky AV/IS; its more on how a user check it in order to achieve better results. Application Control Privilege is an interesting feature which requires a lot of knowledge to understand well.

arslan ejaz

Level 10
Verified
Avira Pro Antivirus is fine though but its supplementary components are lack like proAktiv so a companion AV like SecureAplus/Voodoshield/Xvirus or Crystal Security should be fine though.

Other than that, follow the other suggestion as mentioned.
So which antivirus u recommend i am deciding btw norton or kasperasky so which one ??
@arslan ejaz :

For simplified and install/forget mechanism then you may go Norton AV/IS, their core of protection is purely based on cloud and lesser in signatures (Auto-Protect realtime). Default configuration should be fine and Sonar is active at primetime.

If you want huge + little bit complex configuration then go to Kaspersky AV/IS; its more on how a user check it in order to achieve better results. Application Control Privilege is an interesting feature which requires a lot of knowledge to understand well.
i will go for norton coz i want simplicity and ease of use and wonder of thanks for replying

i will go norton, light and easy to use with a good protection; if you want the best of it; learn how to tweak it.
yes i am buying norton thanks for help :)

Last edited by a moderator:

JM Safe

Level 38
Verified
Hi, I suggest you to follow the other
suggestions, because they are perfect.
In addition I want to suggest you to
install Collusion extension, which allows you to know which websites are tracking you and this is very important!!
Then you can also install PrivaZer.
Thanks for sharing it :) ;)

Spawn

Administrator
Verified
Staff member
D

Deleted Member 333v73x

Hello, I recommend you to remove any products made by IObit, you use the following:

Driver Booster Pro
Iobit Smart Defrag

IObit products usually do more halm than good, they have also stolen Malwarebytes Virus Definitions.