Stable
    System type
    64-bit operating system; x64-based processor
    User Access Control
    Always Notify
    Network Security (Firewall)
    Windows Defender Firewall
    Device Security
  • Windows Defender SmartScreen (Windows 10)
  • User Account
    Sign-in Accounts
    Malware Testing
    I do not participate in downloading malware samples
    Real-time Web & Malware Protection
    Windows 10 Defender, VoodooSheild , Shadow Defender
    RTP - Custom security settings
  • Virus and Malware Removal Tools
    Zemana AntiMalware , Emsisoft Emergency Kit
    Browsers and Extensions
    Zenmate, Lastpass, Magic Actions for Youtube, The Great Suspender, Https Everywhere, Imagus
    Privacy-focused Apps and Extensions
    Adguard Premium Desktop
    Password Managers
  • Lastpass Premium
  • Web Search
  • Google
  • System Utilities
    CCleaner, Driver Booster, Revo Uninstaller, Startup Delayer, O&O Disk Defrag, Unchecky. Iobit Protected Folder
    Data Backup
    AOMEI Backupper PRO On External Adata Hd720 2TB HardDrive
    Frequency of Data backups
    Weekly
    System Backup
    AOMEI Backupper PRO
    Frequency of System backups
    None

Exterminator

Community Manager
    Verified
    Staff member
    Edited config with username as required
    UAC enabled?
    x86/x64 OS?
    Computer Knowledge?
    Last know infection?
    Could add some on demand scanners such as Malwarebytes Antimalware,Hitman Pro,Emsisoft Emergency Kit,ESET Online Scanner
    Consider uBlock in place of ABD and adding HTTPS Everywhere

arslan ejaz

Level 10
    Verified
    Edited config with username as required
    UAC enabled?
    x86/x64 OS?
    Computer Knowledge?
    Last know infection?
    Could add some on demand scanners such as Malwarebytes Antimalware,Hitman Pro,Emsisoft Emergency Kit,ESET Online Scanner
    Consider uBlock in place of ABD and adding HTTPS Everywhere
    UAC is set on medium, x64bit OS , Computer Knowledge Medium and i cant remember the last virus i got infected to .
    i use HTTPS everywhere but forgot to mention sorry.
    and thanks i will try ublock and which online & ondemand scanner you recommend plz

Avira Pro Antivirus is fine though but its supplementary components are lack like proAktiv so a companion AV like SecureAplus/Voodoshield/Xvirus or Crystal Security should be fine though.

Other than that, follow the other suggestion as mentioned.
    So which antivirus u recommend i am deciding btw norton or kasperasky so which one ??

Last edited by a moderator:

jamescv7

Level 61
    Verified
    Trusted
    @arslan ejaz :

For simplified and install/forget mechanism then you may go Norton AV/IS, their core of protection is purely based on cloud and lesser in signatures (Auto-Protect realtime). Default configuration should be fine and Sonar is active at primetime.

If you want huge + little bit complex configuration then go to Kaspersky AV/IS; its more on how a user check it in order to achieve better results. Application Control Privilege is an interesting feature which requires a lot of knowledge to understand well.

arslan ejaz

Level 10
    Verified
    Avira Pro Antivirus is fine though but its supplementary components are lack like proAktiv so a companion AV like SecureAplus/Voodoshield/Xvirus or Crystal Security should be fine though.

Other than that, follow the other suggestion as mentioned.
    So which antivirus u recommend i am deciding btw norton or kasperasky so which one ??
    @arslan ejaz :

For simplified and install/forget mechanism then you may go Norton AV/IS, their core of protection is purely based on cloud and lesser in signatures (Auto-Protect realtime). Default configuration should be fine and Sonar is active at primetime.

If you want huge + little bit complex configuration then go to Kaspersky AV/IS; its more on how a user check it in order to achieve better results. Application Control Privilege is an interesting feature which requires a lot of knowledge to understand well.
    i will go for norton coz i want simplicity and ease of use and wonder of thanks for replying

i will go norton, light and easy to use with a good protection; if you want the best of it; learn how to tweak it.
    yes i am buying norton thanks for help :)

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reactions: Logethica

JM Safe

Level 38
    Verified
    Hi, I suggest you to follow the other
    suggestions, because they are perfect.
    In addition I want to suggest you to
    install Collusion extension, which allows you to know which websites are tracking you and this is very important!!
    Then you can also install PrivaZer.
    Thanks for sharing it :) ;)

Spawn

Administrator
    Verified
    Staff member
    D

Deleted Member 333v73x

Hello, I recommend you to remove any products made by IObit, you use the following:

Driver Booster Pro
    Iobit Smart Defrag

IObit products usually do more halm than good, they have also stolen Malwarebytes Virus Definitions.