As Teens left Facebook, Company Planned to lure 6-Year-Olds

upnorth

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Even before investigations revealed that the company’s products were destroying teens’ mental health, interest in its flagship product was dropping off a cliff. Since 2019, teen usage of the app has declined by 13 percent, and over the next two years, it’s expected to drop another 45 percent. “Aging up is a real issue” a researcher wrote in an internal memo revealed last week. Perhaps that’s why Facebook was considering new products targeted at children as young as six years old
A brief aside: Facebook recently announced that it was rebranding its corporate entity as Meta. The Facebook name will still apply to its core app and platform

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
We should offer a service called "Face Doodle Book" for young children.:p

I think the trend nowadays is that the younger generation tends to prefer services that are quicker and better looking. I think Facebook is too formal. But I don't think we need to force ourselves to capture the younger generation.

Digmor Crusher

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 27, 2018
Got to get them ready for the metaverse...verse...verse. So that in 10 years everybody will be wearing goggles and living their lives in a VR.

Social media, makes you dumb(er) and angry.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.