Here is my security config.

Last Updated: 12/15/2015

Last edited:

Kantry123

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
If u watrch Youtube a LOT then use an extension called MAGIC ACTIONS FOR YOUTUBE

and also use ccenhancer with Ccleaner to increase the capability.

ADD and ANTI-EXPLOIT(although ESS is okay but to be on safer side)

ALSO i feel only 1 REALTIME AV is required but in Ylour case u r using 2 that'll unnecessarily slow ur system

REST UR SECURITY IS INTACT

regards

Reactions: aseu2k15

aseu2k15

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Nov 26, 2015
If u watrch Youtube a LOT then use an extension called MAGIC ACTIONS FOR YOUTUBE

and also use ccenhancer with Ccleaner to increase the capability.

ADD and ANTI-EXPLOIT(although ESS is okay but to be on safer side)

ALSO i feel only 1 REALTIME AV is required but in Ylour case u r using 2 that'll unnecessarily slow ur system

REST UR SECURITY IS INTACT

regards

I watch youtube but not too much :D

I just have 1 reatime AV (ESS), ERP isn't an (pure) AV its Anti-Exe (uses around 17mb of RAM) and work nice with ESET, I dont face any slow down on my system

Thanks anyways for the recommendations, really apreciate it :)

Reactions: toto

aseu2k15

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Nov 26, 2015
Very nice setup and I don't think it's a lot to improve
All security levels are covered, consider adding Sandboxie as additional browser security level.
Thank you @Klipsh
Yes, I am considering about something like sanbox or virtualization. I am interested with Comodo autosanbox (on Comodo Cloud AV), it is good? Which better sandboxie or comodo sanbox? :D

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
Thank you @Klipsh
Yes, I am considering about something like sanbox or virtualization. I am interested with Comodo autosanbox (on Comodo Cloud AV), it is good? Which better sandboxie or comodo sanbox? :D
Considering that COMODO Cloud Antivirus has not yet been released to the public, and that COMODO Firewall (current alternative to COMODO Cloud AV) is possible to conflict with ESET Smart Security 9 without setting quite a few exclusions, I would recommend that you try Sandboxie as a virtual sandbox application.
I assure you that it is powerful and stable.

If you still want to use COMODO's Sandbox and you decide to install COMODO Firewall, the COMODO users here at MalwareTips (including me :p) will gladly assist you in setting it up so that it doesn't conflict with ESET Smart Security and Exe Radar Pro!

aseu2k15

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Nov 26, 2015
Considering that COMODO Cloud Antivirus has not yet been released to the public, and that COMODO Firewall (current alternative to COMODO Cloud AV) is possible to conflict with ESET Smart Security 9 without setting quite a few exclusions, I would recommend that you try Sandboxie as a virtual sandbox application.
I assure you that it is powerful and stable.

If you still want to use COMODO's Sandbox and you decide to install COMODO Firewall, the COMODO users here at MalwareTips (including me :p) will gladly assist you in setting it up so that it doesn't conflict with ESET Smart Security and Exe Radar Pro!
I see, I've tried the beta of Comodo Cloud AV and I found some annoying slow down, the system freezing when the AV trying to clean detection, I dont know if this happen to others or just me. Or because conflicted with webroot? (I do test in other OS and have webroot on it, but I fully disabled the protection to let Comodo do the job). I choose comodo cloud AV because its a small program (actually, I just need its sandbox) and I think it would be light on system (as i've read on their forum). But for this beta version, i dont think so :D

Run CFW alongside ESS? One of firewalls and HIPS should be disabled, isnt it?
Can you give me the fine settings for this combo? Oh, how much RAM usage of CFW for this? ;)

I'll try to compare it with sandboxie combo :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Online_Sword
H

hjlbx

You have good security config; there is nothing to add except in case that you use a lot of widely exploited softs. If you do, add anti-exploit protection if you feel the need.

I wouldn't add any more... it is already very good base-line protection.

D

Deleted member 178

Approved by Staff

2s9jymOt.jpg

good pick for ERP in lockdown mode

aseu2k15

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Nov 26, 2015
You have good security config; there is nothing to add except in case that you use a lot of widely exploited softs. If you do, add anti-exploit protection if you feel the need.

I wouldn't add any more... it is already very good base-line protection.
I have pdf reader and media players with regularly updated. ESET anti-exploit hope will be okay, for now:rolleyes:
Thank you @hjlbx :)

H

hjlbx

I have pdf reader and media players with regularly updated. ESET anti-exploit hope will be okay, for now:rolleyes:
Thank you @hjlbx :)

It is more important for you to understand how ESET works and use it at a high level. Learning this will be your greatest protection...

aseu2k15

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Nov 26, 2015
It is more important for you to understand how ESET works and use it at a high level. Learning this will be your greatest protection...
Yes, thank you. I still learning and walking around this forum to find the best setup for my machine :)

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Nice Config! Thanks for sharing it :)
Sandboxie would be a good addition
A VM if you were downloading and testing malware samples

aseu2k15

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Nov 26, 2015
Nice Config! Thanks for sharing it :)
Sandboxie would be a good addition
A VM if you were downloading and testing malware samples
Yes, my browser currently run inside the sandboxie :)
I have VirtualBox installed and trying play around Malware Hub :D
Thank you @exterminator20

Well, I like your config, it is very good. Only two things: install PrivaZer, to delete privacy traces, then install MPC-HC instead of VLC Media-Player, because it is better and faster. Thanks for sharing your configuration with us ;)
Thank you @Jo Man
Yes, I plan to install it for monthly usage (CCleaner for daily usage)
MPC-HC, looks nice, then okay :D

Last edited by a moderator:

aseu2k15

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Nov 26, 2015
Added:
  1. VirtualBox and now I'm playing around the Malware Hub :D
  2. Sandboxie actually I like comodo autosadnbox but I think would be to many bloatware if I install CFW/CIS alongside ESS. Comodo Cloud AV beta still buggy. I heard stand alone comodo autosanbox will be release on December, sounds interesting :D So, currently I go for Sandboxie.
  3. PrivaZer for monthly usage alongside CCleaner
Thank you all :)

Reactions: LabZero

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
You have already a powerful configuration, Sandboxie definitely a worth to try to use however Comodo Autosandbox bounds sometimes to cause little trouble due to the reference gathered when its trusted or unrecognized hence trial and error tweaks. ;)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.