I3rYcE

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 4, 2011
+++ Coming soon +++
Our best antivirus software! Ashampoo Anti-Virus! It provides comprehensive virus, malware, surf and ransomware protection through four software layers that stop attacks right in their tracks before they can harm your PC

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Off-Topic - But has anyone tried Ashampoo office?
I've been using it and SoftMaker Office for a few years and they do everything I need and I like that all documents open in tabs. I don't have need for Microsoft Office. I switched to SoftMaker Office for a while, as they offered a cheap upgrade to the latest version for users of Ashampoo Office and then I switched back to Ashampoo last year, as it was cheaper to buy Ashampoo Office 2018, than the latest version of SoftMaker Office.

There is a free version of SoftMaker office, which may be good enough, depending on your needs. This is a comparison between the free and paid version. There is very little difference between SoftMaker and Ashampoo.

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
I've been using it and SoftMaker Office for a few years and they do everything I need and I like that all documents open in tabs. I don't have need for Microsoft Office. I switched to SoftMaker Office for a while, as they offered a cheap upgrade to the latest version for users of Ashampoo Office and then I switched back to Ashampoo last year, as it was cheaper to buy Ashampoo Office 2018, than the latest version of SoftMaker Office.

There is a free version of SoftMaker office, which may be good enough, depending on your needs. This is a comparison between the free and paid version. There is very little difference between SoftMaker and Ashampoo.

Thank you for the detailed information. I'll check out the link now, thanks again. (y)

Edit: I'm installing Softmaker Office now. I use Libreoffice on my Linux based systems, but I'm going to give Softmaker Office a try on Windows.

Back on topic - as Ashampoo antivirus is an EAM re-brand does anyone know if EAM have plans for a dark mode for the GUI? I'm just as happy with light mode I'm just curious. The dark UI on Ashampoo does look really good in my opinion.

Last edited:

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
Thank you for the detailed information. I'll check out the link now, thanks again. (y)

Edit: I'm installing Softmaker Office now. I use Libreoffice on my Linux based systems, but I'm going to give Softmaker Office a try on Windows.

Back on topic - as Ashampoo antivirus is an EAM re-brand does anyone know if EAM have plans for a dark mode for the GUI? I'm just as happy with light mode I'm just curious. The dark UI on Ashampoo does look really good in my opinion.
EAM already has a Dark Mode. Check settings.

lThinkFreel

Level 2
Jun 24, 2019
Anyone tested it? Seems like a Emsisoft clone. I got a free one year license from a promo page. does it got the exact same modules as Emsisoft and only the Gui is different, or are there othere different things? If its like Emsisoft, im more than happy to use the 1 year key.

Reactions: Divine_Barakah

Emsisoft

From Emsisoft
Verified
Developer
Jul 27, 2013
Ashampoo Anti-Virus 2020 is a rebranded version of Emsisoft Anti-Malware Home. Both products share the same protection technology (dual engine, behavior blocker, etc.) but online features like the Emsisoft Cloud Console for remote management are only available on the Emsisoft brand. Ashampoo Anti-Virus also uses its own licensing component which does not rely on Emsisoft user accounts.

thrillskr

Level 2
Verified
Dec 28, 2018
Ashampoo Anti-Virus 2020 is a rebranded version of Emsisoft Anti-Malware Home. Both products share the same protection technology (dual engine, behavior blocker, etc.) but online features like the Emsisoft Cloud Console for remote management are only available on the Emsisoft brand. Ashampoo Anti-Virus also uses its own licensing component which does not rely on Emsisoft user accounts.

+ Emsisoft customer /tech support you don’t get i guess? Don’t make sense. But i understand Emsisoft, don’t get me wrong, because extra buisness.

Reactions: roger_m

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.