Battle Ashampoo Antivirus vs ESET NOD32 Antivirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

potinglin

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Sep 28, 2013
Which product is better to protect the system? Ashampoo Antivirus vs ESET NOD32 Antivirus

Šovelén

Level 3
Verified
Mar 29, 2014
Are you serious?
Ashampoo has great software - Burning Studio, Snap ... but their "antivirus" I did not want for nothing.
In total, i wonder how many people give Ashampoo AV vote and why ;)

So ESET for me !

kiric96

Level 19
Verified
Well-known
Jul 10, 2014
Resource usage:
ashampoo: the engines are loaded in memory meaning that some time you would have like 150mb in your memory
eset: no slowdown
Real world system impact
ashampoo: as they use Bitdefender and emsisoft engine their result must be the same as EAM. (emsi engine adds very quick signatures to unknown malware unlike Bitdefender)
eset: excelent detection rate even for zero day malware.
user friendliness
ashampoo: it is a simple GUI were you would no find to much settings /even you would have a bad time trying to discover how to switch off the protection/, some times the GUI also crash a lot
eset: super friendly you wouldnt get lost with the interface, even in advanced settings you may find a detailed explanation in their help archive.
level of protection
ashampoo: doesnt provide too much settings and doesnt have a BB. Other features cuold be unknown for general users /means useless/
eset: even tho their BB isnt that good with default settings, if you tweak it...will work more than fine. LIve grid also is really helpfull along with rescue disk and system inspector (i really like this one).

overall:

Go straight with emsi instead of /it is much better/ ashampoo, as clearly noted the winner with no doubt will be eser for me :D

Šovelén

Level 3
Verified
Mar 29, 2014
Resource usage:
ashampoo: the engines are loaded in memory meaning that some time you would have like 150mb in your memory
eset: no slowdown
Real world system impact
ashampoo: as they use Bitdefender and emsisoft engine their result must be the same as EAM. (emsi engine adds very quick signatures to unknown malware unlike Bitdefender)
eset: excelent detection rate even for zero day malware.
user friendliness
ashampoo: it is a simple GUI were you would no find to much settings /even you would have a bad time trying to discover how to switch off the protection/, some times the GUI also crash a lot
eset: super friendly you wouldnt get lost with the interface, even in advanced settings you may find a detailed explanation in their help archive.
level of protection
ashampoo: doesnt provide too much settings and doesnt have a BB. Other features cuold be unknown for general users /means useless/
eset: even tho their BB isnt that good with default settings, if you tweak it...will work more than fine. LIve grid also is really helpfull along with rescue disk and system inspector (i really like this one).

overall:

Go straight with emsi instead of /it is much better/ ashampoo, as clearly noted the winner with no doubt will be eser for me :D

ESER for you ? For this word we have in Czech pretty, but rude rhyme... :)

Reactions: kiric96
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.