Showcase Ashwin Gaming rig

Ashwin

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 16, 2014
I did a lot of research before building a PC, and most branded desktops with less than half the processing power were more expensive than this. It made no sense to get those.

You may wonder why I got a mid range GPU. Well, the GTX 900 and 1000 series prices are insane here in India. I got the GPU and the RAM for a steep discount before I actually bought the rest of the PC.

The PC can handle almost every game on Highest or Ultra settings (Skyrim Special Edition, Witcher 3, Arkham Knight, GTA V, etc). The Kabylake CPU is the real champ here.

The only times where it struggles is with poorly optimized games like Just Cause 3. JC 2 was amazing, and I really can't blame Avalanche, they did a great job with Mad Max also. Square Enix must have given them a tight budget for JC 3 I guess.

The PSU is actually amazingly powerful, and even if I decide to upgrade, I can always use this PSU on my old PC. Same goes for my GPU.

I really love the case, it has a window on the left side, and the ASUS motherboard with its gunmetal finish and LED lights (controllable with Aura software) are great to look at. The motherboard has SupremeFX S1220A codec, which means the audio experience is a delightful one.

P.S: Price does not include Windows as I simply signed in to my Microsoft account to use Windows 10 tied to my account (free upgrade from Windows 7 Professional).

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.