Assistance

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Plexx

Thread author
Would anyone know if its safe to delete the files in the Malwarebytes list?
Also the trojan there is the one detected by Eset that was running in memory but Eset failed to clean it.

Still beats me how the hell I ended up with that collection on the host. Last time I scanned was before installing Avast.

Also, anyone know where I could get a sample of the Worm and perhaps the others listed by Malwarebytes?

Thanks

[attachment=1298][attachment=1299]

Z

ZeroDay

Thread author
It is indeed safe to delete the files in mbam's list (quarantine) Have you run a scan with anything else?

Malware Maniac

Level 1
May 14, 2012
Seem safe to remove because I don't see it in my Appdata/local/temp folder. Plus if it's in quarantine and your system isn't altered as much then it may be safe to remove.

P

Plexx

Thread author
I have done multiple scans apart from the 2 listed. The first 2 were ESET AV and then Malwarebytes. Once everything was done I used the following but none detected anything:
DrWeb CureIt
Hitman Pro
ESET Online Scanner
VIPRE AV.

Was thinking of uploading to VT but that means removing from quarantine...

Would running Timefreeze before I remove from quarantine be safe?

P

Plexx

Thread author
I tried but it still gets locked down and warnings popping up everywhere...

Gonna try in safemode.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Why not leave them in the quarantine? because once they are there they can't get out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.