LASER_oneXM

Level 32
Verified
It’s still early days for the next generation of Wi-Fi, but Asus is getting a head start. The company has announced three upcoming routers that all support the new standard — dubbed 802.11ax — for delivering faster Wi-Fi, and they’re all supposed to arrive sometime this fall.

The announcements are headlined by a Republic of Gamers-branded model, the ROG Rapture GT-AX11000, which looks like it came out of a Halo level and includes a literal “Turbo Key” you can press to speed things up. This router has some incredible theoretical speeds that speak to what 802.11ax is capable of: it has a single 2.4GHz band that’s supposed to reach speeds of 1148Mbps, and it has two 5GHz bands that are each supposed to reach 4804Mbps. There’s also a 2.5Gbps Ethernet port.

Vasudev

Level 28
Verified
That's a multiverse level headstart. Too bad we don't get those speeds from ISP unless you make a home inside ISP's office.

Slyguy

Level 40
Great.. Buy a useless piece of gear today, for use in 10 years, but by 10 years it will be a useless piece of junk? ASUS have lost their marbles.

2.5Gb ethernet ports? Congratulations, nothing can connect to it.

PS: I'd bet it has the same mediocre dual core ARM as their other product offerings that cannot even properly push 1000Mbps without CPU spiking and throttling. I will bet because I know ASUS consistently does things like this and allows marketing dweebs to determine their product offerings.

Reactions: Vasudev