Atlas Security & TuneUp Configuration!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atlas7

Level 1
Thread author
Jul 13, 2017
ATLAS System & Tuneup Configuration!

This is my security & tuneup configuration.
It has maximum protection for low system performance impact.
On idle is using 0-1% CPU. System have good response and no slowdowns on everyday use.
Every software listed here have custom tweaked settings.

When i think my Device can be at risk Im using Shadow Defender or Sandboxie, depends of situation, or Virtual Machine for testing before doing risk jobs on Host.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All my security softwares are selected to run together without conflict, i set them for maximum compatibility/protection with the lowest resources usage possible.

If you have any question just ask, i will give my best to respond quickly.
(Im sorry for grammar mistakes, English is not my good friend) :)

Last edited:

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
This looks like a slight overkill. With KTS'18 at max settings (and TAM as a bonus), you can do away with HMPA, except in case you're using it mainly for exploit mitigation.
Though there are chances that two anti-exploit programs protecting the same set of applications can cause conflict during the critical time of attack, the users of the two have found no trouble running them together yet. You do not need Unchecky, KTS has a provision to skip or automatically uncheck additional/unwanted installation steps.
Rest looks great. I'll suggest you to try out Norton Power Eraser as an on-demand scanner, considering your understanding of security. It aims to detect all unknown and risky files/settings in your system (hence sometimes good ones are listed too, caution needed).
How good is Yandex DNS?

Last edited:

Atlas7

Level 1
Thread author
Jul 13, 2017
This looks like a slight overkill. With KTS'18 at max settings (and TAM as a bonus), you can do away with HMPA, except in case you're using it mainly for exploit mitigation.
Though there are chances that two anti-exploit programs protecting the same set of applications can cause conflict during the critical time of attack, the users of the two have found no trouble running them together yet. You do not need Unchecky, KTS has a provision to skip or automatically uncheck additional/unwanted installation steps.
Rest looks great. I'll suggest you to try out Norton Power Eraser as an on-demand scanner, considering your understanding of security. It aims to detect all unknown and risky files/settings in your system (hence sometimes good ones are listed too, caution needed).
How good is Yandex DNS?
I agree with you, maybe is overkill, but I have really low system performance inpact. I used bitdefender for years and now i switched to Kaspersky. I used unchecky with bitdefender and i dont wanted to uninstall it no matter that kaspersky have that tool in it. When i haved bitdefender there was many conflicts with HMPA, but now im testing it with kaspersky and for now zero conflicts, they work very well together (both are exluded in their exlusion list). I used NPE two times on system but in middle of scanning NPE get error and it is force closed =S. About Yandex DNS i cant tell you much because i just started to using it ( for now no inpact on webpage loads).

Thank you for advice on two Exploit programs.

brod56

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
Kasperky in max settings plus TAM mode is a beast. I see no reason for HMPA here to be honest.

Reactions: Atlas7

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I would also remove HMPA
Secure Windows 10 config! Thanks for sharing it with us :)

Reactions: Atlas7

Atlas7

Level 1
Thread author
Jul 13, 2017
Hmm. Does Kaspersy have included all protection what have HMPA? I use HMPA for extra layer of security. If Kaspersky miss something there is an extra layer.

Reactions: Sunshine-boy

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
Hmm. Does Kaspersy have included all protection what have HMPA? I use HMPA for extra layer of security. If Kaspersky miss something there is an extra layer.
The lots of features of HMPA are mentioned here and you can see quite a few are covered by Kaspersky and others are unique to HMPA. For the common features, it is most likely to reinforce protection delivered by KTS.
Anti-Exploit protection is the forte of HMPA and though KTS has exploit protection, HMPA should cover up the limitations of Exploit prevention in KTS. One old test showed that Kaspersky could block 4 of 5 exploits when HMPA covered the fifth. I had once posted an independent anti-exploit test result at MT, will share it here if I find it. HMPA topped it against a variety of old and new exploit methods.
Again, remember that there are chances of conflict during the critical times even though both run well together in normal use.

Atlas7

Level 1
Thread author
Jul 13, 2017
The lots of features of HMPA are mentioned here and you can see quite a few are covered by Kaspersky and others are unique to HMPA. For the common features, it is most likely to reinforce protection delivered by KTS.
Anti-Exploit protection is the forte of HMPA and though KTS has exploit protection, HMPA should cover up the limitations of Exploit prevention in KTS. One old test showed that Kaspersky could block 4 of 5 exploits when HMPA covered the fifth. I had once posted an independent anti-exploit test result at MT, will share it here if I find it. HMPA topped it against a variety of old and new exploit methods.
Again, remember that there are chances of conflict during the critical times even though both run well together in normal use.
Thank you for great answer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.