AU: 3 weeks on- Who had problems/Did not/Yet to install?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Logethica

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
It has been 3 Weeks since the release of the Windows Anniversary Update,and a multitude of problems associated with it have been well publicised online..

The after effects of the AU varied dramatically from person to person.Some were completely unaffected while others experienced issues that very nearly wrecked their machine..
Of those that fell into the latter category some reverted back to an earlier Windows OS,while others completely ditched Windows in favour of Apple or Linux.
There are some (myself included) that are still holding off from allowing the AU onto their system,

Did YOU have problems associated with the Windows AU?

Last edited by a moderator:

Janl1992l

Level 14
Verified
Well-known
Feb 14, 2016
Did the upgrade the day it got released 3 weeks ago. No clean install, just over the old version upgraded. Not a single problem until now. all i can say it that the machine is in fact realy faster and snappier than before the AU update. My gf have no single problem too. tryed it on my mother laptop but there was some network and graphic problems. needed to do a backup to the old win10 version. so i was just some of the lucky ones without a single problem.

Malware Man

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Feb 2, 2013
The only issue I had with the update was my Xbox one wireless controller would connect and then immoderately disconnect but after some more Windows updates and googling for solutions it was suggested that I repair the devices. So I did that and now it works flawlessly again.

It also seemed to fix my nvidia blue screens I was getting whenever my laptop would resume from sleep which got quite annoying. Now I can have very long uptimes and I only restart for updates. I was so happy it got fixed cause I was honestly ready to throw my laptop out the window and get a MacBook :rolleyes:

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
I block Windows updates with O&O ShutUp 10 and by killing certain M$ Services through ZoneAlarm Firewall, such as..
Windows Modules Installer / Windows Modules Installer Worker / Windows Update / Windows Installer

Oh awesome. :cool: A nice way to put the brakes on for a while until the Windows light turns green to go... ;)

Cohen

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
May 22, 2016
A significant portion of users experienced problems with AU; AU is one of Microsoft's worst updates in the history of Windows. I am not sure which one is the very worst of all time in terms of problems\breakages, but AU has to be in the top 20.
What are some of the problems people have been running into? I've had nothing but a good experience with it. o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.