Troubleshoot Audio Setup Question (Complicated) (SBZ + MixAmp Pro) (PC + PS4)

A

Alkajak

Thread author
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
No issues.
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
None.
Edit: I am getting a tiny bit of distortion which I had been previously able to fix in the past on W8.1. Back then, I would only have SBZ and NVIDIA HD Audio in my Device Manager. Now on W10, I also have SB Recon3D AND MixAmp Pro on top of the SBZ driver. This has confused me a bit.

Setup:

Toslink from MixAmp Pro to PS4
MAP USB to PC
MAP AUX to SBZ in PC
Speakers (THX and Dolby enabled) to MAP

This setup allows me to hear both PC and PS4 audio simultaneously.

On the PC end, I've disabled NVIDIA HD Audio. I'm left with ASTRO MixAmp Pro, SB Recon3D and SBZ. Which ones do I need to disable? Also, I'm reading on the ASTRO forums that Dolby becomes disabled through USB connection, which would mean that I only get Dolby through the PS4 and not the PC. Is there a workaround to get Dolby SS on both?

I'm not getting my hopes up with answers for this setup, it is pretty complicated.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.