Authorities Arrest Kickass Torrents Admin in Poland

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
Is that $8.99 for SD or HD content?

I finished my 3 month trial of NowTV Movie Pass and 3 month trial of NowTV Entertainment Pass, with a combined value of £50 over a 6 month period (in HD) for FREE.

I've moved to my HTPC for entertainment.
11.99 AUD here and worth every cent by my thinking. ;) I spend half my time here at MT and almost the other half at Netflix. :D

Zerion

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Mar 2, 2016

I finished my 3 month trial of NowTV Movie Pass and 3 month trial of NowTV Entertainment Pass, with a combined value of £50 over a 6 month period (in HD) for FREE.

I've moved to my HTPC for entertainment.

I think 9$ is for Full HD ( 1080p )

4K UHD is like 14-15$ correct me if im wrong!

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
This all happened because the movie industry pressured U.S. government to do something.

There is very rich entertainment industry lobby in Washington, D.C.; they say "Look, we are losing billions..."

They're not losing a dime; most people that used KAT didn't have the financial means to pay for what they downloaded and viewed in the first place.

Go to library - if anyone still does that - and copy book beyond a certain point, then immediately tear-up the copies you just made, and technically it is still considered copyright infringement. Buy the book they say !

It is all about money.

I don't care about any industry's copyrights; you can call it theft or whatever.

True but there are still costs to making products liked or not liked by people. :)

King Alpha

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013

It's SD. I've availed 1 month HD + Ultra HD subscription for 550 pesos (12 USD) here in the Philippines. It's worth the money, IMO. :)

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
Who believes this is truly stealing? If I go buy a movie or cd with my hard earned money and want to share it with friends or whoever simply to be nice (not to make money) because not everyone can afford to buy things, I should be able to without getting in trouble! I mean as long as someone legally bought the movie, cd, game or whatever there shouldn't be any problems. Piracy will never die imo.

D

Deleted member 2913

It's SD. I've availed 1 month HD + Ultra HD subscription for 550 pesos (12 USD) here in the Philippines. It's worth the money, IMO. :)
In your country & other countries, are all the channels HD on TV?

I am from India & here only app 20 channels are HD & rest SD, through my local cable operator.
Big provider like Dish, TATA, Reliance, etc... too provide the same app HD channels, some provide upped scale channels (dont know the clearity of the upped scale) & rest SD.

So here people usually get SD coz you dont get much from HD as from the app 20 HD channels available, only 8-10 channels are prime channels.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Who believes this is truly stealing? If I go buy a movie or cd with my hard earned money and want to share it with friends or whoever simply to be nice (not to make money) because not everyone can afford to buy things, I should be able to without getting in trouble! I mean as long as someone legally bought the movie, cd, game or whatever there shouldn't be any problems. Piracy will never die imo.
Making copies is illegal from what the rules say, you would have to pass that CD around to your friends. Sharing is not the issue, its the recordings made in the theaters and the cracking of legitimate software.
I'm not stupid i know Piracy will be around for ages to come but if you think about it its not fair to the people who work had and devote their careers to providing content and software. And personally I choose not to be a thief, others can choose to and I am ok with that.
PeAcE

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
Making copies is illegal from what the rules say, you would have to pass that CD around to your friends. Sharing is not the issue, its the recordings made in the theaters and the cracking of legitimate software.
I'm not stupid i know Piracy will be around for ages to come but if you think about it its not fair to the people who work had and devote their careers to providing content and software. And personally I choose not to be a thief, others can choose to and I am ok with that.
PeAcE
True, but even sharing TV shows is illegal which make no sense to me. I agree that sharing cams and cracking software and sharing it is illegal, but some of the things that are illegal is totally ridiculous.

Last edited:

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
True, but even sharing TV shows is illegal which make no sense to me. I agree that sharing cams and cracking software and sharing it is illegal, but some of the things that is illegal is totally ridiculous.
Agreed on the TV standpoint in that once it hits the public airwaves the distributors loose the right to control it if you go by common sense. I get that our society is "pro" extreme capitolism for the most part. I just take issue with the ones that have the view that they are "entitled" to whatever they want by any means necessary legal or not, if we all thought like that this society would be a very f'd up place to live in.

Overlord

Level 10
Verified
Content Creator
Well-known
Feb 22, 2013
Administrators Kickass Torrents decided this night on a bold step. They reactivated the service, along with its social networking part, making it available at kat.am. At the same time on the main page they put a link to a petition calling for the release from detention Artema Waudima. According behind this initiative, Waudim did anything wrong, and at a time when terrorism threatens all of us, to prosecute people using torrents is pointless.
Source (Website in Polish): Kickass Torrents jednak wraca, choć służby przeniknęły piratów na wylot (aktualizacja)

NekoHr

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Feb 5, 2016
World has become strange (or maybe it was strange all along).

You share a movie and end up in prison for few years an million $ fine but if you crash world economy or "lose" peoples retirement money you get slap on wrist, bailout, few millions severance pay and private island.

World has become strange...

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well piracy is the root where people are engage on such confusing matter.

Sharing the movie that you brought from the legitimate provider is nothing wrong; however the connection goes on possible illegal production/viewing without the owner that can cause piracy.

People must understand on not to take shortcuts, stick to the rules have right mindset.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.