Advice Request Auto sandbox web browsers with CFW

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

floalma

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Apr 5, 2015
Hi,

Under Proactive security configuration and Firewall setting 'don't show pop up alerts block requests' :

If I run Iexplorer either Firefox on Comodo Sandbox, I noticed that CFW block Internet connection.

So I decide to create a rule to 'Run Virtually' with File groups, Web browsers and set to 'limited', rating 'trusted'.

After that, I launch any browsers but I still have no Internet connections.

Is it possible to run any web browsers properly (internet connection ON) with Firewall setting 'don't show pop up alerts block requests' ?

Last edited:
Reactions: XxX Legolas XxX

RoboMan

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Hi @floalma, i went exactly through the same fact you're experimenting. I'll give you the answer that worked for me:

Starting a browser from the Sandbox Tasks interface

1. Click the 'Tasks' arrow on the home screen to open the main Tasks menu

2. Click 'Sandbox Tasks' and click 'Run Virtual' from the 'Sandbox Tasks' interface

cis_run_in_sb3_123112.png

The 'Run Virtual' dialog will be displayed.

3. To run a browser inside the sandbox, click 'Choose and Run', navigate to the installation location of the browser and select the exe file of the browser. If you wish to create a desktop shortcut to run the browser in the sandbox in future, then select 'Create a virtual desktop shortcut'.

The browser will run with a green border indicating that it is sandboxed.

I couldn't run properly the browser sandbox from right click--->run with Comodo Sandbox, but it worked this way.

RoboMan

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
@RoboMan :

I was talking about Comodo Firewall program and not CIS program. Both are a litle different.
The picture is from the internet but Firewall works almost the same. I have CFW, not CIS.

Hector1

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Aug 4, 2015
Comodo for me work very nice

Attachments

• upload_2016-11-20_21-27-39.png
    upload_2016-11-20_21-27-39.png
    170.2 KB · Views: 338

RoboMan

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Here are mine. Some things are not enabled with VoodooShield can handle them.

fwiJN8m.png

TgQWBBx.png

hHHH8KH.png

c2P9Mq5.png

Reactions: XIII

XIII

Level 5
Verified
Sep 20, 2016
@Hector1 Your auto-sandbox rules seem messy. Look through them and see where your browsers are being blocked. For example, I've never had to exclude 7-Zip before, so there is definitely something going on.

Here's an excellent tutorial (by @cruelsister) on how to set up your auto-sandbox if you're having troubles.

As a precursor, I would make sure you're still in Proactive settings.

Advanced user:

Beginner user:

floalma

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Apr 5, 2015
@Hector1 :

Grazzie mille ! I have the same settings for Firewall with 'don't show pop up alerts block requests' checked, but for me, CFW blocked traffic if I run Firefox browser.

Could you show me under 'Sorgenti' and 'classificazione' for browser web in auto-sandbox ?

@RoboMan :

Muchisimas gracias ! I can't compare as your settings are different of mine,anyway, thanks for sharing.

Reactions: RoboMan

floalma

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Apr 5, 2015
@Hector1 :

I have the same rule and the same settings. My browser runs virtually but not Internet connection. I don't understand the reasons.

PS: I can't upload pictures here. Will try it on tomorrow

Reactions: Hector1
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.