Automating Creation of Certificate Rules in SRP GPO's

wdaly1

Thread author
Mar 14, 2016
I have a PowerShell script that goes through all the signed EXE, MSI, and DLL files on a system and extracts the signing certificates (x.509 CER Files). My goal is to import these CER files as certificate rules to my Software Restriction Policy GPO, preferably in an automated fashion (e.g. PowerShell script). I've looked through the PowerShell commandlets related to Group Policy, but there's nothing that looks useful for creating SRP rules of any kind.

So far, I have about 300 unique CER files that I'd really like to avoid importing one-by-one using the Group Policy Editor GUI. Can anyone give me advice on how I might automate this process, preferably as a PowerShell script.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.