06-2017.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Thread author
What is up with Emsisoft. :eek:

Based upon the data, the true compromise rate of Emsisoft is:

(3/1955) x 100 = 0.15 %

User decision required:

(125/1955) x 100 = 6.3 %

So for every 100 malicious files downloaded and executed on the system, the user on average would have to respond to 6.3 behavior blocker alerts.

Last edited by a moderator:

Antimalware18

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2014
Great Job the usual suspects, Avast/avira/avg (now)

WD great job!

Panda always scores amazing, But in all my testings i've found their cloud AV to be clunky as all hell, Popups for detections don't appear until
about 20-30 seconds after file has been removed (much like BD free on this machine)
Pluss their detections never seemed that great static wise (im willing to bet they ramp up on-execution)

Eset! what the hell happened to them recently? :eek:
I still remember being wowed by them back around 2006-07 with the name NOD32 and the iRobot avatar.

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Emsisoft is overrated....Lots of fans here... If fact I've always wondered if MalwareTips is associated with any persons who sale security software. Just asking.
Yep, Emsisoft is overrated as much as Comodo is but with less bugs/second. About the forum being associated with Emsisoft the answer is no but what does that have to do with anything.

Thread author
It appears that most people just bother to look at the silly pretty bar graphs but do not bother to analyze the data and understand what the report is actually saying.

The bottom line is the figures given in the Compromised column. That's all that should really matter to users.

Thread author
"What's best AV ?" this time ?????

Look at the figures in the Compromised column. (Looks like ESET had a terrible test day. Sometimes that is just how it goes.)

Reactions: simmerskool

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.