AV-C: Malware Protection Test (Mar 2019) and Real-World Protection Test (Feb-Mar 2019)

stefanos

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
Its GUI sucks big time, it looks like something made for Windows XP. Packaging sells, even when talking about software and Avira is stuck.

Avira tops in all performance tests, but whenever I tried it, it was worse than Defender, once I had to reinstall, since Windows took 10 mins to boot.
Gui yes is ugly. But my boot with Avira is the best that I have seen to my laptop

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
And I think that Avira is from Germany too ;)
I replaced the countries:

AV-Comparatives
Grabenweg 68
6020 Innsbruck
Austria / Europe

Avira Operations GmbH & Co. KG
Tettnang
Kaplaneiweg 1 | 88069 Tettnang | Germany

So, Avira is from Germany and AV-Comparatives from Austria.:giggle:
I edited the initial post with the correct countries.

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
When I've tried in the last few years, at times it had multiple scan processes running.
Yeah, I thought that might be the case, still it has the feeling of a mediocre AV. I am currently replacing Forticlient with Panda, even-though it has issues with WiFi. Forticlient started to slow down boot, but also the cold start of the browser takes 30-40 secs, seriously, what did they do to it?! :emoji_expressionless:

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
They explain why "Cloud" word here: https://www.kaspersky.com/security-cloud
  • Why is ‘cloud’ used in the name of the service if it’s installed on a device?
    We added the word ‘cloud’ to the service name because we wanted to emphasize that it’s not tied to a specific device, but instead works as a single service – even if it’s installed on multiple devices. This is our first step towards creating protection “‘beyond” the device – security that considers your online habits, choices and preferences to protect you round the clock. Also, some of the data required for the service to work is sourced from Kaspersky Lab’s cloud. This includes a security assessment of the Wi-Fi network you about to connect to, or the category of website you are about to open – both which are required to launch secure VPN – or a description of your interests, so the service can provide you with relevant security news and tips.

stefanos

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
When I've tried in the last few years, at times it had multiple scan processes running. I have no idea why it did this. But it did do an excellent job of slowing down my computer.
It's a curiosity for me. I did not have a slowdown. And very low ram.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.