AV-Comparatives May 2013 - Performance test

Paul.R

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 16, 2013
logo_head.png

These tests evaluate the impact of anti-virus software on system performance, as programs running in background – such as real time protection antivirus software – use some percentage of system resources. Taking these tests as reference, users can evaluate their anti-virus protection in terms of system speed (system performance).​

3link9

Level 5
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
MalwareVirus said:
For performance
Kingsoft & qihoo-360 gets a good score & both are the chinese product too.
Thanks for sharing :)

Actually on the chart, The lowest bar is better.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
If correct, Kingsoft AV has been discontinued / replaced by Baidu AV. Why is it still being tested?

tapoo

Level 4
Verified
Jan 21, 2012
Earth said:
If correct, Kingsoft AV has been discontinued / replaced by Baidu AV. Why is it still being tested?

Ya, that is confusing for me too, how they can test a discontinued product??

maybe they are not testing Baidu because its still under BETA??

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Well done to F-Secure, Kaspersky and Sophos.

Nedim

Level 12
Verified
Mar 17, 2013
Suprised about Bitdefender and Kaspersky but the fact is that everyone have different experience with AV.

Nikos751

Level 20
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
IE performs bad with MOST (or many) AV products out there. On the other hand MSE/Win8 Defender allows IE to show it's full speed and potential.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
"IE performs bad", in what way?

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
I am using F-secure IS on my pc and I don't think/feel that f-secure have a better performance than the other few who participated in this test.:fie:

Shadowave

Level 10
Verified
Aug 10, 2012
Nedim said:
Suprised about Bitdefender and Kaspersky but the fact is that everyone have different experience with AV.

I use both; KAV and BIS and I am very satisfied with their performance, but I can not say they have the lowest impact on system performance :p

Nikos751

Level 20
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
Earth said:
"IE performs bad", in what way?
It seems more responsive and less freezy after clicks etc (you understand what I mean?) if you compare for example IE with Avast and IE with Windows 8 Defender or MSE. If someone would like to test it too, it would be nice as I am not 100% sure.

Nikos751

Level 20
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
terene said:
Nedim said:

I use both; KAV and BIS and I am very satisfied with their performance, but I can not say they have the lowest impact on system performance :p

Kaspersky does not seem to slow down user activities much. The only easily noticed slowdown is the slow startup of the application.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Usually adding Extensions/Addons to IE make it far less stable, than without. It also increases the start-up time, which can be monitored when IE is launched.

For W8-IE10 users, if you enabled Enhanced Protected Mode, it will prevent other toolbars/extensions/hooks into IE10 but still allowing Adobe Flash Player to run. (Keeping Enable third-party browser extensions checked).

CgylQSa.png

zhZf1C7.png

Nikos751 said:
It seems more responsive and less freezy after clicks etc (you understand what I mean?) if you compare for example IE with Avast and IE with Windows 8 Defender or MSE. If someone would like to test it too, it would be nice as I am not 100% sure.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.