conceptualclarity

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
I have seen a number of other tests where Panda did extremely well, so this doesn't seem so odd to me.

It confirms what other tests have been showing, that Emsisoft and Qihoo are earning the right to be considered top-of-the-line AVs. (I wish the concerns raised on this forum about mainland Chinese software companies could be alleviated.) It also confirms that McAfee, finishing below Baidu, is not worth paying for.

I strongly disagree with the way they ranked the lower half. I would regard Kingsoft's performance ahead of VIPRE. Kingsoft has a lot of "User Dependent" detections, but significantly less "Compromised."

Striker

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Mar 27, 2013
I have seen a number of other tests where Panda did extremely well, so this doesn't seem so odd to me.

It confirms what other tests have been showing, that Emsisoft and Qihoo are earning the right to be considered top-of-the-line AVs. (Iwish the concerns raised on this forum about mainland Chinese software companies could be alleviated.) It also confirms that McAfee, finishing below Baidu, is not worth paying for.

I strongly disagree with the way they ranked the lower half. I would regard Kingsoft's performance ahead of VIPRE. Kingsoft has a lot of "User Dependent" detections, but significantly less "Compromised."

Panda didnt do well with realy fresh samples. Impossible to reach 100%. I have seen too some test where panda does extremly well and almost blocked everything. But the samples where almost 1 week old. With new, fresh samples u have for sure better avs out there.

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Verified
May 26, 2014
Anyone know why AhnLab has been so bad lately? Bad Results:
Real-Time March, April, May: worse than MSE/Windows Defender (AV-Comparitives)
Certification: Tested (AV-Comparatives)
Certification: None (Failed AV-Test's test)

Also, McAfee is astonishingly bad here! From this test only, the best paid AV: Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Panda, Qihoo 360, Emsisoft, Avira, and ESET
Best free AV: Avira, AVG, Bitdefender, Panda
Worst Paid AV: McAfee, Bullguard, AhnLab, Lavasoft, Vipre
Worst Free AV: Avast, Baidu, Kingsoft

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.