AV-Comparatives: Real-World Protection Test – August 2017

D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

Thread author
Happy for Emsisoft, but not based on these results, they just deserve to be at the top after all this hard work they have done to make customers satisfied and protected. :)

Indeed,GDATA chose to stop being tested by AV Comparitives.
I am completely fine with it as long as software works for me and I have learned the pros/cons of it and seen myself the results in VM. It's truth, AV should be picked individually by each persons preference/computing habits, not by independent security lab test reports. Regular Joe would just pick top AV performer based on monthly results by testing labs and still get infected. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
Happy for Emsisoft, but not based on these results, they just deserve to be at the top after all this hard work they have done to make customers satisfied and protected. :)

I am completely fine with it as long as software works for me and I have learned the pros/cons of it and seen myself the results in VM. It's truth, AV should be picked individually by each persons preference/computing habits, not by independent security lab test reports. Regular Joe would just pick top AV performer based on monthly results by testing labs and still get infected. :rolleyes:
I used GDATA a few years ago and it performed very good.I used to test it in the malware hub and it's BB was great!!:)

Last edited:

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
What i like in this month test is the low fp's from the products.
Nice to see that products block malware and not legitimate software.
F-Secure still needs to improve DeepGuard to reduce the number of fp's.
It's a great software but for me fp's is something that i can't just overlook it.

Syafiq

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2017
Can someone enlighten me (us) what user-dependent means with Microsoft Windows 10's Windows Defender? I thought WD only allows or blocks.
And, I don't see anything related to Behaviour Blocker on WD's settings :ROFLMAO:
defender.PNG

Or Maybe, the cloud helps Windows defender ? :unsure:

P

plat1098

Thread author
The correlation between lab scenario and real-world use is vague, right? It's like taking a math test with 20 other people, a one time deal and that's it. The outcomes are valuable for marketing purposes. I also look at individual results like Vipre's, in specific contexts for the heck of it. Vipre currently has a buy-back campaign of Kaspersky licenses. Draw some conclusions, right?

VIPRE Offers Buyback Program to Kaspersky Lab Customers
Or Maybe, the cloud helps Windows defender ? :unsure:

Was SmartScreen used in the testing?

Edit: I looked thru the pdf and the details on the main page and couldn't find any info on that. Maybe someone else can? I would like to know, because after a lot of stuff re: MRG Effitas (costly for me but I'm stupid at times), SmartScreen was enabled on its test scene this past quarter. That's kind of neat if AV Comparatives followed suit. IF.

Last edited by a moderator:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.