Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawaii007

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jan 31, 2018
AV-Comparatives: Real-World Protection Test – May 2018

https://www.av-comparatives.org/com...=2018&chart_month=5&chart_sort=1&chart_zoom=3

Real-World Protection Test May 2018 – Factsheet | AV-Comparatives

Untitled.jpeg

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
In such tests, the statistic errors are so big, that one cannot differentiate between most vendors. The test is performed over a small sample of all malware files that were born in the wild in the tested period. The more reliable would be the comparison of the average results over many tests (for example 10 last tests).
One could repeat the test on another pule of malware samples from May 2018 and could get very different results.

Hawaii007

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jan 31, 2018
Note: During May testing, Panda’s protection rate fell below its usual standard. After the test, when we provided Panda with the relevant test data, they discovered a bug in their products caused by a recent update. This meant that some few malware samples were reported in the logs, but not blocked or warned about. Panda rapidly fixed the bug, and Panda products now protect fully against all their missed test cases.

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Note: During May testing, Panda’s protection rate fell below its usual standard. After the test, when we provided Panda with the relevant test data, they discovered a bug in their products caused by a recent update. This meant that some few malware samples were reported in the logs, but not blocked or warned about. Panda rapidly fixed the bug, and Panda products now protect fully against all their missed test cases.

Oh look, this very thing was reported here as well as other 'bugs' with Panda.. In the Panda area, we reported that sometimes it would notify of threats then not block them, other times it would block them but never notify you. The product has a lot of potential but is hampered by sloppy development and poor quality control in the coding.

So if AVC didn't report this to Panda, how long would people have essentially gone unprotected while running Panda? :unsure:

uninfected1

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
Very bad by Panda but very much in line with hands on testing by us here. Seemed more than just a problem with a recent update though and more far reaching than is being described here. It would be interesting to see if those issues really have been fixed. I know @davisd is intending to look into this in some depth and report his findings to Panda and requested others assist. Anyone else brave enough?

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
LOL, here I thought Emsisoft Behavior Blocker is more aggressive than F-Secure DeepGuard because last night Emsisoft Behavior Blocker automatically quarantined Rocket League game launcher without notification at all.
You can do two things. Either add the game launcher to exclusions or change the behavior blocker setting to alert.

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

LOL, here I thought Emsisoft Behavior Blocker is more aggressive than F-Secure DeepGuard because last night Emsisoft Behavior Blocker automatically quarantined Rocket League game launcher without notification at all.

Emsisoft has a grudge against games. It's one of the reasons I won't buy it. The last time I tried it and checked my kids computers after a few days I found 25% of their games blocked by the BB. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.