Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 178

One thing i always wonder is why tests labs doesn't share their samples to the public (could ask for a small paid subscription in exchange) so they (and the vendors) would be transparent and trustful...but they don't...:sneaky:

cruelsister

Level 36
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
Regarding K7- I did a quickie with K7 this morning with the System Monitor set at High. It was run against a testbed of diverse malware, none zero-day (a week or so at the newest, a year or so at the oldest- I like to see if a security producat can walk before testing if it can run, if you catch my meaning).

1). I set up my VM to simulate a POS computer and there were no noticeable slowdowns.
2). The raw on demand scan of the test set was nothing special as I still had about 25% of the test set to run.
3). The Proactive module did fine against typical riff-raff like ransomware and trojans.
4). It did extremely poorly against scriptors like diverse worms and WMI malware.
5), Upon reboot and rescan I had oodles and oodles of nasty things that restarted with Windows and remained extent on the system after a full scan by K7.

RoboMan

Formerly 'robbie'
Verified
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Regarding K7- I did a quickie with K7 this morning with the System Monitor set at High. It was run against a testbed of diverse malware, none zero-day (a week or so at the newest, a year or so at the oldest- I like to see if a security producat can walk before testing if it can run, if you catch my meaning).

1). I set up my VM to simulate a POS computer and there were no noticeable slowdowns.
2). The raw on demand scan of the test set was nothing special as I still had about 25% of the test set to run.
3). The Proactive module did fine against typical riff-raff like ransomware and trojans.
4). It did extremely poorly against scriptors like diverse worms and WMI malware.
5), Upon reboot and rescan I had oodles and oodles of nasty things that restarted with Windows and remained extent on the system after a full scan by K7.

Digmor Crusher

Level 6
Verified

This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
what abouth qihoo 360 ?
It's a Bloated Av..From Chinese Maker Qihoo
I will never advice it to even my enemy.
Delayed Signatures.
Outdated AV engines ( Avira & Bit defender)
Hit and miss cloud
AI engine - QVMII is degrading day by day
Overactive Hips
User intervention and many FP's
Excessive Bloat & UI sucks
*** I never trust Chinese vendors at any cost***
Stay away ^^

dJim

Level 5
Verified
It's a Bloated Av..From Chinese Maker Qihoo
I will never advice it to even my enemy.
Delayed Signatures.
Outdated AV engines ( Avira & Bit defender)
Hit and miss cloud
AI engine - QVMII is degrading day by day
Overactive Hips
User intervention and many FP's
Excessive Bloat & UI sucks
*** I never trust Chinese vendors at any cost***
Stay away ^^
It´s like EEUU with Kaspersky lol... politycs and where a AV come from don´t go together.. im trust 1000 % more in chinesse than EEUU policies and statement.. but ty for info, im just think to stay with microsofto defender then :p

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
It´s like EEUU with Kaspersky lol... politycs and where a AV come from don´t go together.. im trust 1000 % more in chinesse than EEUU policies and statement.. but ty for info, im just think to stay with microsofto defender then :p
As I said before no av is free from sniffing..That s the truth.
For free av go with Avira / Bit defender free. Try Kaspersky free if you are OK with it
For paid there are many options.
Norton G data KIS Dr web Bit defender..
Try each before purchase

Pelocha

Level 1
Good luck with the Chinese who do not respect any human right and treat their citizens as sheep.

You're very dislocated.

Entreri

Level 7
K7, that is the major Indian security company. I have to try them out. Indian IT sector is excellent.

As for Chinese AV's, I would not use one for numerous reasons.

Amazingly, the US or the other 4 countries in the "5 eyes" (who illegally spy on their populations), did not come out against any Chinese AV. Strange eh? US agenda? I think so.

The US goverment (like any other government) lies a lot to its populace.

dJim

Level 5
Verified
I was just joking.
Djim commented that he trusted more in the Chinese government than in a western one.
That's where the recommendation comes from.
lol i never say goverment... im talking abouth companys. jokes aside. in the moment u use any SO in pc or smarthphone ( bad name bcs phone are not smarth..) u giving more data than any AV touch with any GOv can ask for.. so

Status
Not open for further replies.