AV-Comparatives Real-World Protection Test April 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pelocha

Level 1
Verified
Apr 4, 2017
lol i never say goverment... im talking abouth companys. jokes aside. in the moment u use any SO in pc or smarthphone ( bad name bcs phone are not smarth..) u giving more data than any AV touch with any GOv can ask for.. so
Chinese company and government are synonymous.

I don't think the Chinese are particularly evil. But there is still a conflict between the West and the rest of the world. And you don't live in China.

I do not understand why some insist on defending people who have different interests than their own as in the case of Kaspersky.

No tomes a mal mis comentarios. Un saludo.

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
I mean just think if you were a business owner, and someone put you in the news cycle, and tarnished your reputation.
Keep in mind that the Russian government and media (same thing really) do the exact same thing in their country. They shun the use of software developed in the West and spew propaganda to the masses about how it's all laden with backdoors used to siphon up everyone's data and then handed over to their respective intelligence services and governments.

Pelocha

Level 1
Verified
Apr 4, 2017
Speaking of Kaspersky...

I fear for Kaspersky. It's more than a company, it's a large group of people world wide, and now that we are finding there was no Trump Russia Collusion, what is the Gov going to do to restore Kaspersky's reputation...

I mean just think if you were a business owner, and someone put you in the news cycle, and tarnished your reputation.

This is sad.
In Spain thousands of jobs have been lost by the Russian veto to our fruit. To be exact last year 335 million euros.
Are you only concerned about Kaspersky?

D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

I wouldn't judge misinformation spread, we all have once in a time wrote bs, the only thing that worries me are outsiders who come to read different topics and make every info read as a only truth and just copy security configs as an example (in fact, I think it should be accessible only to members). Everyone who is interested in security products should do research themselfes. People want fast and easy way to learn, it's chain reaction and you must know yourself what is right and not so right to filter useful info. Bleeping is serious, Wilders is more strict, MT is more chill and friendly, if it wasn't no one would come here. It's not in human nature to know everything about everything and Microsoft is comlicated, so everyone says what they believe is right. There's always a soft drama when new AV test results are published and it's normal, people are worried when they see low chart tabs of their favourite product and this will never change as long as there will be AV products and conception that Windows Defender is bad.

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
Seems to me the charts are useless but entertaining. One month product A is on top, next month same product A is on bottom...
It is an illusion that one particular test can properly measure the real anti-malware protection related to AVC methodology. Make the average of the AVC tests from one year to get more reliable results.
Do not get excited when your favorite AV is the first in one particular test. It is probable that it could be the last in the same test with another pule of malware samples, from the same time period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.